livi654
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so I have an offer from Liverpool hope university and also from Liverpool John Moores university, I am torn between the two, I am looking to study psychology when I go can anyone give me more info about teaching and styles of the uni, is there any major differences between the two
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by livi654)
so I have an offer from Liverpool hope university and also from Liverpool John Moores university, I am torn between the two, I am looking to study psychology when I go can anyone give me more info about teaching and styles of the uni, is there any major differences between the two
Hi livi654

Congratulations on receiving offers from both of your chosen universities! :thumbsup:

Liverpool Hope University is lot smaller than other universities within the UK. This means our class sizes can be kept small, with a more intimate and collaborative teaching environment.

Teaching on our degree programmes is structured into lectures, where all students are taught together, seminars of smaller groups of around 20-30 students, and tutorials which typically have 10 students.

If you are studying Psychology as a Single Major degree, then in the first year of study there are approximately 12 teaching hours each week, which reduces to around 10 teaching hours in your second and third years.

In addition to in-class hours, you will read relevant texts, and prepare assignments, both on your own, and sometimes in groups. Specific enrichment-related activities include our Global Hope Programme, Special Interest Groups, Placements, and Research Internships.

You will complete a number of assessments, including written exams, essays, reports, portfolios, presentations and assessed laboratory work, both as individuals and in teams. You will then complete an individual research dissertation in your third year.

Upon completion of studies, given a degree grade of a 2.2 or above, and achieving a pass grade or above in the 3rd year dissertation project, syou would be eligible for Graduate Basis of Chartered Membership (GBC) with the British Psychological Society (BPS). This gives you access to the postgraduate training courses of the BPS.

I hope this helps,

If you have any other questions feel free to message us

Amy :shakehand:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (281)
60.82%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.76%
No- I want it (125)
27.06%
No- I don't want it (34)
7.36%

Watched Threads