The Student Room Group

Can I add in a sixth option?????? IS it POSSIBLE HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ruhab Dabeer
I want to do the foundation course because I am very certain that I can't reach AAB in my subjects.
Maybe If i get the grades in order to do Foundation Year I will ask if I can switch to Chemistry

Chemistry and Chemical Engineering are very different subjects and both have BSc with foundation years at Manchester. Chemical Engineering is more Maths than Chemistry. You have the option of declining all offers and using extra when it opens. I think you would be better waiting to see what offers you get and applying through clearing if you dont meet your offers. Many universities accept students on slightly lower grades say ABB or even BBB if they dont have the required number of students who meet their offers. What grades are Bradford or Sheffield Hallam offering. They will probably accept you with lower grades than AAB. .You need to decide what course you want to study then make your decision
Reply 21
I am in for 2020/2021 entry basically September 2020

the point of that was, if they were in clearing last year they'll probably be in clearing this year
Original post by swanseajack1
Chemistry and Chemical Engineering are very different subjects and both have BSc with foundation years at Manchester. Chemical Engineering is more Maths than Chemistry. You have the option of declining all offers and using extra when it opens. I think you would be better waiting to see what offers you get and applying through clearing if you dont meet your offers. Many universities accept students on slightly lower grades say ABB or even BBB if they dont have the required number of students who meet their offers. What grades are Bradford or Sheffield Hallam offering. They will probably accept you with lower grades than AAB. .You need to decide what course you want to study then make your decision

Hopefully they allow me with BBC grades
Hopefully they allow me with BBC grades

It is unlikely Manchester will accept you with those grades but Sheffield Hallam or Bradford might. There will certainly be some universities in clearing who will accept you on those grades for Chemistry or Chemical Engineering. Your main decision is whether you intend to study Chemistry or Chemical Engineering. If you prefer Chemistry you need to decline all your current offers and apply through extra when it opens. If Chemical Engineering you can just sit tight and choose a firm and insurance in April. Only choose a university as a firm or insurance if you are happy to go there. If you prefer to go to Manchester on a foundation course dont use an insurance and if you get rejected apply for the foundation course. Some universities will automatically make you an offer for the foundation course if you A levels are not acceptable for the main course.
It is unlikely Manchester will accept you with those grades but Sheffield Hallam or Bradford might. There will certainly be some universities in clearing who will accept you on those grades for Chemistry or Chemical Engineering. Your main decision is whether you intend to study Chemistry or Chemical Engineering. If you prefer Chemistry you need to decline all your current offers and apply through extra when it opens. If Chemical Engineering you can just sit tight and choose a firm and insurance in April. Only choose a university as a firm or insurance if you are happy to go there. If you prefer to go to Manchester on a foundation course dont use an insurance and if you get rejected apply for the foundation course. Some universities will automatically make you an offer for the foundation course if you A levels are not acceptable for the main course.

I have already applied for the foundation year through UCAS in Manchester, Birmingham and Sheffield
But applied for full course for Bradford and Sheffield Hallam
So why do you want to apply for the Chemistry foundation in Manchester because the 2 foundation courses have the same entry requirements. You need to make a decision which course you want to study and go from there. Until you know that you cant do anything.
So why do you want to apply for the Chemistry foundation in Manchester because the 2 foundation courses have the same entry requirements. You need to make a decision which course you want to study and go from there. Until you know that you cant do anything.

I will decide soon dw

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending