The Student Room Group

Going on holiday with boyfriends parents?

So this summer my boyfriends VERY generous parents are taking me with them for their two week holiday to Florida in the summer. I'm really excited but also worried about how best to act around them/what to wear around them that is appropriate but that I wont melt in. His parents are in their 40s-50s in this helps at all! Does anyone have any tips/experiences?
Reply 1
It's Florida.. they won't expect you to wear a burka. Wear whatever you want.
Original post by Megst
So this summer my boyfriends VERY generous parents are taking me with them for their two week holiday to Florida in the summer. I'm really excited but also worried about how best to act around them/what to wear around them that is appropriate but that I wont melt in. His parents are in their 40s-50s in this helps at all! Does anyone have any tips/experiences?

Chill, be yourself, go with the flow.

I'd dress and act conservative, and then relax once you know what they're like on holiday.

Remember that they're on holiday, they're going to be nice and relaxed, so you should probably be the same.
Ask your boyfriend what they'll find normal but if I was invited to a holiday in 40 degree heat I'd be expecting to wear a bikini/swimsuit and then shorts/t shirt if we weren't at the pool/beach. The only thing I'd say not to do is wear swim wear which is abnormally revealing e.g. thong bikini bottoms.
If you are not Muslim you will get into the US!
Original post by Megst

Just wear what you'd normally wear (Florida is hot) so shorts t shirts bikini or swimsuit for the pool/beach just avoid anything too relieving like a thong bikini and make sure your shorts complexity cover your bottom (I've seen some on girls which don't basically what you'd normally wear on holiday ina hot country.
Reply 6
Original post by jonathanemptage
Just wear what you'd normally wear (Florida is hot) so shorts t shirts bikini or swimsuit for the pool/beach just avoid anything too relieving like a thong bikini and make sure your shorts complexity cover your bottom (I've seen some on girls which don't basically what you'd normally wear on holiday ina hot country.

As this thread is 2 years old I don't think wardrobe advice is needed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending