The Student Room Group

Haven’t had any offers back

Scroll to see replies

Me neither, only got rejections even though I met entry requirements lol
Original post by TheTroll73
Me neither, only got rejections even though I met entry requirements lol

Most universities will give you offers if you meet entry requirements. However some universities who are very competitive reject students even if they meet entry requirements.
Original post by swanseajack1
Most universities will give you offers if you meet entry requirements. However some universities who are very competitive reject students even if they meet entry requirements.

I know that already dude
Original post by Realitysreflexx
If your going to join us....

It's Russell group, not Russel. 😂

And if you're going to correct someone, it's you're not your 😂
There isnt a usually. Universities take varying lengths of time. Many take far longer. It depends on the university and the subject. Some universities use a gathered field and some especially Scottish universities tend not to look until after the January deadline.

Fam literally google it that’s the figure based on statistical information from 2018 most recently being used 😂😂 it’s reallt not that hard to check 2 or 3 articles and find out my sources before you get all pressed, I got my first offer in 6 days and my last in 2 weeks I obviously know it’s not always the same but I can still believe in averages.
Original post by VoteLabour
And if you're going to correct someone, it's you're not your 😂

OHHHHHH **** HE GOT YOU FAM 😂😂 Imagine being more pressed about the name of your prestigious ickle group that will make allll the posh people really like you than common ****ing sense 🤦🏻*♀️
Original post by chloebird
Fam literally google it that’s the figure based on statistical information from 2018 most recently being used 😂😂 it’s reallt not that hard to check 2 or 3 articles and find out my sources before you get all pressed, I got my first offer in 6 days and my last in 2 weeks I obviously know it’s not always the same but I can still believe in averages.

PQ is a trained UCAS adviser who knows more than anyone on here about stats and ucas. I believe them rather than you who has no real knowledge in this area. Over many years on here some have had offers quickly with one having had an offer in 90 minutes and others still waiting in May for an application made in October. Not everyone gets offers like you do. It varies depending on the university and courses within the same university. Some universities give out offers knowing they are very unlikely to reach their required numbers so make offers quickly. Other universities dont start making offers until the January deadline is reached. Others make offers to the best candidates and reject the weakest candidates. They then put on hold candidates in the middle until the deadline is reached. These are compared against the applications nearest the deadlines. This allows for equal consideration up to 15 January. Maybe you should look at the number of times applicants have commented on here about being told by Bristol that they are being put on hold. There isnt a one fits all answer to this. If you dont know what you are talking about dont mislead people.
PQ is a trained UCAS adviser who knows more than anyone on here about stats and ucas. I believe them rather than you who has no real knowledge in this area. Over many years on here some have had offers quickly with one having had an offer in 90 minutes and others still waiting in May for an application made in October. Not everyone gets offers like you do. It varies depending on the university and courses within the same university. Some universities give out offers knowing they are very unlikely to reach their required numbers so make offers quickly. Other universities dont start making offers until the January deadline is reached. Others make offers to the best candidates and reject the weakest candidates. They then put on hold candidates in the middle until the deadline is reached. These are compared against the applications nearest the deadlines. This allows for equal consideration up to 15 January. Maybe you should look at the number of times applicants have commented on here about being told by Bristol that they are being put on hold. There isnt a one fits all answer to this. If you dont know what you are talking about dont mislead people.

Okay, but I wasn't referring to a measure of dispersion was I? I was referring to a measure of central tendency. Take a deep breath, think about what you’re saying, think about what I’m saying and then realise that both are true but you’re trying to correct one with the other. Once you’re done running yourself in circles and remember that averages exist I’ll be happy to talk to you, but for now I’m unfollowing this thread.
Applied on the 13th of November and still no offers or rejections. However, I only applied to Scottish institutions and thus this might be the reason for my delay...
Original post by SophieBer
Applied on the 13th of November and still no offers or rejections. However, I only applied to Scottish institutions and thus this might be the reason for my delay...

It probably is.Scottish universities have a bit of a reputation for waiting for the deadline possibly because of the cap system in place in Scotland due to there not being fees there for Scottish and EU students.
I got my first offer yesterday so I wouldn't worry about it
Original post by ARNILEWIS1
I got my first offer yesterday so I wouldn't worry about it

Where and what for?
Reply 32
just got my very first offer - been waiting since early October:biggrin:

Don't worry - yours will come through in time, no news is good news!
What course/uni?
Reply 34
Original post by Bluebells602003
What course/uni?

Cambridge, Land Economy
Does anyone know if they actually take long on random, or do they only make the effort to reach out to their 'best' applicants first? (based on grades etc.)
Read my post above. Universities have different policies. Some take days, others weeks and some several months.
Reply 37
Didn’t expect so many replies happy I’m not alone ahah
Original post by Jasmine.bx
Didn’t expect so many replies happy I’m not alone ahah

Have you had any replies yet. Where have you replied and for what course
Reply 39
Have you had any replies yet. Where have you replied and for what course

Applied social sciences & sociology at Sheffield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending