The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingham City University (BCU) applicants chat thread 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kishan17696
I applied for advanced computer science, and got a conditional offer. Having met my academic conditions, I sent the Uni my mark sheets, and Another condition on my offer letter was to pay half of my fees; so I did this and informed the Uni, and provided a bank statement also.but they didnt reply...its been 7or 8 days...Im confused...still, they did not give me a straight forward answer about the cas issuing date, and I haven't received any acknowledgement from them regarding CAS letter. Any advice?

Hi... I was informed that the last day for issuing the CAS is 10th January, which is today.. Keep calling and inquiring about yours.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Kishan17696
I applied for advanced computer science, and got a conditional offer. Having met my academic conditions, I sent the Uni my mark sheets, and Another condition on my offer letter was to pay half of my fees; so I did this and informed the Uni, and provided a bank statement also.but they didnt reply...its been 7or 8 days...Im confused...still, they did not give me a straight forward answer about the cas issuing date, and I haven't received any acknowledgement from them regarding CAS letter. Any advice?

Hi Kishan,

We're sorry about the delay in getting back to you. Our International team are currently experiencing extremely high volumes of CAS applications, so decisions are taking between 7-10 working days. You can refer to your agent portal for updates on your CAS status. If 7-10 working days have passed and you still haven't heard anything, you can contact our International on +44 (0)121 331 5389. For other contact methods or to request a call, click here.

Chloe - BCU Team
Reply 82
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hi Kishan,

We're sorry about the delay in getting back to you. Our International team are currently experiencing extremely high volumes of CAS applications, so decisions are taking between 7-10 working days. You can refer to your agent portal for updates on your CAS status. If 7-10 working days have passed and you still haven't heard anything, you can contact our International on +44 (0)121 331 5389. For other contact methods or to request a call, click here.

Chloe - BCU Team

Hello Chloe
Its happening for me the same issue, I’ve been waiting for the cas number since before Christmas and my course will start in 3rd of February and I haven’t received the cas no. yet!

I can confirm that international team are currently experiencing extremely high volume of cas applications. But the visa process takes more than 2 Weeks and I won’t have enough time. I really need to apply for the visa asap!

Please can u help me in this situation.😞
Original post by MOHA_91
Hello Chloe
Its happening for me the same issue, I’ve been waiting for the cas number since before Christmas and my course will start in 3rd of February and I haven’t received the cas no. yet!

I can confirm that international team are currently experiencing extremely high volume of cas applications. But the visa process takes more than 2 Weeks and I won’t have enough time. I really need to apply for the visa asap!

Hey
I faced the same CAS delay...However i finally received the CAS and applied for the Visa... Unfortunately now there's a Visa Delay and my course begins in 5 days. I'm really worried.
Reply 84
anyone received any offers from BCU for any course?
Original post by la11

Yep
Reply 86
Original post by Lshort17
Yep

whcih course and when?
Original post by la11

Yess
Original post by la11
whcih course and when?

Building surveying, i got it 4th dec but applied 13th nov, be patient as may take a while
Original post by Lshort17
Building surveying, i got it 4th dec but applied 13th nov, be patient as may take a while

Did you apply for the visa?
Original post by Anonymous
Did you apply for the visa?

Im starting in sept, im a uk student too so dont need one
Reply 91
Yeah me !! Unconditional for psychology with criminology

Original post by la11
Reply 92
Original post by abbi3
Yeah me !! Unconditional for psychology with criminology

Congratulations! thats sooo good!
Original post by MOHA_91
Hello Chloe

Hi Moha,

I've dropped you a private message to see how we can help!

Chloe - BCU Team
Quick question: when can you start applying for accommodation and such, i saw a thing on the website for the 3rd march but still unsure, is this correct?
Original post by Anonymous
Quick question: when can you start applying for accommodation and such, i saw a thing on the website for the 3rd march but still unsure, is this correct?

Hi,

You're right, applications for our accommodation open on or after 3 March 2020. I'd advise keeping an eye on the accommodation portal from the 3rd onward.

Chloe - BCU Team
Hi,

You're right, applications for our accommodation open on or after 3 March 2020. I'd advise keeping an eye on the accommodation portal from the 3rd onward.

Chloe - BCU Team

Thanks for the clarification
Hello

If you're thinking of applying to BCU for 2020 then this is the thread for you!

We're here to help so let us know any questions you have or feel free to use this space to meet other applicants.

To start things off, why not let us know the following...

What course would you like to apply for?

What are you most looking forward to about uni?

What are you most nervous about?

Are you coming to an Open Day?

If you'd like to see more of BCU life follow us on Instagram: @mybcu

Good luck with your applications!!

Hi BCU
I am international student so I want to ask about living expense in Birmingham (food & accommodation price) Is it same as London city ?

Thank you in advance.
Original post by Chatthita
Hi BCU
I am international student so I want to ask about living expense in Birmingham (food & accommodation price) Is it same as London city ?

Thank you in advance.

Hi @Chatthita!

You'll find that living expenses in Birmingham are slightly lower than in London, as things tend to be more expensive in the capital.

You have a couple different options when it comes to accommodation. Most students live in halls of residence in their first year. We have seven different halls of residence positioned across the city - they have a range of facilities and amenities, and therefore vary in price. If you wanted to get an idea of costs for our halls of residence, you can find a breakdown of all your options here. You can find private halls of residence online too - but these might be a bit more expensive.

You could also choose to live in private shared accommodation - a student house. Selly Oak is a popular area for students to find shared housing together, and is just a short bus ride away from both our City Centre and City South Campus. Don't panic if you don't know anyone to share with yet, you can search for rooms within shared houses online in just one quick Google search. Students tend to move into shared houses in their second and third years, when they've developed friendship groups and know who they'd like to live with, so this could be something to keep in mind for the future, if you don't fancy it yet!

Food prices in Birmingham will vary depending on your taste. There are plenty of places to eat out affordably in the city, and Birmingham also houses some top notch restaurants for when you fancy a treat! Why not check out our guide to food and drink in Birmingham. In terms of buying groceries, there are plenty of supermarkets dotted across the city to suit every budget - the closest is Tesco in the city centre, and slightly further out you have access to pretty much every other major supermarket a short bus ride away.

Hope this helps!

Chloe - BCU Team
Reply 99
Just accepted unconditional offer for English and Creative Writing! I'm struggling to get on any related group chats, can anyone help me out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending