The Student Room Group

Why do people not support their local football club?

I hate plastic Londoners supporting Man Utd or LiVARpool. Just support your local you glory hunter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There family might have a history supporting it. Like my grandad grew up in Manchester so my dad was brought up supporting united and so me and my brother were too.
Reply 2
Original post by wordsandroses
There family might have a history supporting it. Like my grandad grew up in Manchester so my dad was brought up supporting united and so me and my brother were too.

That's not the case most of the time though
Reply 3
Christ, you are over 18 an throwing about words like 'LiVARpool'

Disappointing

I used to think this was a glory hunting thing (maybe it is in some cases, I dunno) but then I read a Dan Dennett thing asking what logical compulsion someone is under to support their local side and I thought 'meh, true' and stopped caring
Reply 4
Original post by Knockout
I hate plastic Londoners supporting Man Utd or LiVARpool. Just support your local you glory hunter

I don't because I don't care for things like football or rugby or that stuff in the first place. I mean sure if you throw a ball at me I might play with it but apart from that, I know jack about teams. to me, that gives me the freedom to just appreciating the skill of the best players. Even then though, I tend to just watch random clips that pop up in my feed and then be done with it.
Reply 5
Original post by β0b
I don't because I don't care for things like football or rugby or that stuff in the first place. I mean sure if you throw a ball at me I might play with it but apart from that, I know jack about teams. to me, that gives me the freedom to just appreciating the skill of the best players. Even then though, I tend to just watch random clips that pop up in my feed and then be done with it.

Well football is a sport for snowflakes but used to be worth watching before 2016 I'd say
Reply 6
Original post by gjd800
Christ, you are over 18 an throwing about words like 'LiVARpool'

Disappointing

I used to think this was a glory hunting thing (maybe it is in some cases, I dunno) but then I read a Dan Dennett thing asking what logical compulsion someone is under to support their local side and I thought 'meh, true' and stopped caring

Football is fixed in LiVARpool's favour. Massive profits generated from them winning the Prem
Reply 7
Football is fixed in LiVARpool's favour. Massive profits generated from them winning the Prem

conspiratorial ****e
Reply 8
Original post by gjd800
conspiratorial ****e

There's an account called @football_investigators on IG and I think he's right. Not my theories although I agree with them
Reply 9
There's an account called @football_investigators on IG and I think he's right. Not my theories although I agree with them

Because you didn't dream em up does not mean it isn't conspiratorial ****e... which it is
Reply 10
1. I don’t like football. 2. My local team is pretty ****e. 😐
Reply 11
Most people's local team is probably a non league outfit, eh
Because there local teams ****
Reply 13
Original post by gjd800
Because you didn't dream em up does not mean it isn't conspiratorial ****e... which it is

It's very possible. Just have a look at the guy's page and you might agree with me...
Reply 14
It's very possible. Just have a look at the guy's page and you might agree with me...

Seen it and I don't. The mancs and bitters that populate my friends lists refer to him constantly, and even most of them know it's balls, they're just trying to get a bite
Reply 15
because football is booooring.
Reply 16
We have a family history for not giving a damn about adults playing children's games.
just cos ur team is bad doesn't mean u cant support them. take a look at tottenham, im still supporting them lol
Reply 18
Original post by socair
We have a family history for not giving a damn about adults playing children's games.

I don't disagree. It's an overpaid mess and extremely corrupt
Reply 19
Original post by Ciel.
because football is booooring.

It is sometimes. What do you like?

Quick Reply

Latest