The Student Room Group

what do you think of before you sleep?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pinesandapples2001
Nice :smile: what do you do when you're done thinking about today and tomorrow though

Try my best to sleep. Sometimes it takes a while but it happens- no reason why it takes a while
I have like a made up TV show in my head that I add to every night lol, I just fantasize about everything that I want (being pretty, popular, confident, rich etc.)
Original post by Lauren24109
I have like a made up TV show in my head that I add to every night lol, I just fantasize about everything that I want (being pretty, popular, confident, rich etc.)

Ahaha finally something similar to me 😂 I think about books or movies I read/watched and imagine myself in them 😂
Original post by dxvid
Usually of the YouTube video that I fall to sleep to, tending to be factual videos about economics (not that it should be putting me to sleep). However, this does often lead to me jumping out of bed with an idea for an essay which I then write on my whiteboard with a pen I struggle to find in the dark.

How about yourself? @pinesandapples2001

Oh damn, that's actually super smart 😮. Haha mine is embarrassing 😂 I just think of books or movies I've read/watched and imagine myself in them 😂. But I'm trying to get inspired here and see what other people are thinking about and trying something new :smile:
Ahaha finally something similar to me 😂 I think about books or movies I read/watched and imagine myself in them 😂

omg yess or I imagine myself living the life of a certain celebrity. basically anything that isn't my own reality lol
Have chronic nightmares so it's usually 'wonder what it will be tonight', i've tried thinking of nice things like guinea pigs before falling asleep, nothing helps :redface:
Pretty used to it by now as it's been nearly four years but would get rid of them if i could, don't know what i did to deserve them but yeh :s-smilie:
I think about how the world's hairiest man is Chinese.
sounds strange but if i think about football , i fall asleep super fast
Original post by Ciel.
noo, it's not a blessing, it's probably one of the reasons why i have insomnia issues, haha

Have you gone to seek help? That’s not ok mate. Hope you get better
Reply 49
Original post by just5moreMins...
Have you gone to seek help? That’s not ok mate. Hope you get better

aww thanks. i do have sleep meds, yeah.
Original post by Ciel.
aww thanks. i do have sleep meds, yeah.

Good on ya. Sleep meds is awesome but getting to the core of the issue and solving your intrusive thoughts would be best. It’ll take time but I’m sure your future self would be thanking you. Have you tried getting therapy?
Reply 51
Good on ya. Sleep meds is awesome but getting to the core of the issue and solving your intrusive thoughts would be best. It’ll take time but I’m sure your future self would be thanking you. Have you tried getting therapy?

i know what the 'core of the issue' is, and there's no helping it. thanks for the concern tho.
Original post by Ciel.
i know what the 'core of the issue' is, and there's no helping it. thanks for the concern tho.

Hey sorry if I came across as if it would magically solve your issue. All the best
Reply 53
Hey sorry if I came across as if it would magically solve your issue. All the best

nah, it's all good. it's just a bitter subject for me, lol
Naked women. :rolleyes:
Original post by akragas
Naked women. :rolleyes:

Hahaha Ciel and I are over here talking about somewhat of a touchy subject and you’re just like: nekid weemeen lol
Original post by CoolCavy
Have chronic nightmares so it's usually 'wonder what it will be tonight', i've tried thinking of nice things like guinea pigs before falling asleep, nothing helps :redface:
Pretty used to it by now as it's been nearly four years but would get rid of them if i could, don't know what i did to deserve them but yeh :s-smilie:

Oh my gosh that sounds awful, I'm so sorry :frown:(
Oh my gosh that sounds awful, I'm so sorry :frown:(

Thanks for the kind words :hugs:
could anyone recommend any sleep medicine ?
I'm normally thinking about the youtube vid i'm watching or book i'm reading, otherwise, just thinking about tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest