The Student Room Group

EY School Leaver 2020- LONDON

Hiya, I have been accepted onto EY's assurance programme at the Canary Wharf office, however, this means I'd have to move into London alone. Anyone else in the same position? and if so, how are you getting around it?
Hi, first of all huge congrats!! That’s a huge achievement!
Moving can be scary, I moved from Kent to Edinburgh to work at EY, so I know how you’re feeling. If you know other people who are joining EY, get in contact with them and try to get a flat together if possible. That means you all have similar schedules and are in the same boat when it comes to exams etc. failing that, look at Rightmove/spare rooms etc, look for young professionals preferably, for 2 reasons. Firstly, they are more likely to have similar schedules, so they won’t be going out midweek unlike students. Secondly students don’t pay council tax, whilst you will do, so you don’t want to be paying the full bill.
Anymore questions give me a shout!
Original post by mattyp502
Hi, first of all huge congrats!! That’s a huge achievement!
Moving can be scary, I moved from Kent to Edinburgh to work at EY, so I know how you’re feeling. If you know other people who are joining EY, get in contact with them and try to get a flat together if possible. That means you all have similar schedules and are in the same boat when it comes to exams etc. failing that, look at Rightmove/spare rooms etc, look for young professionals preferably, for 2 reasons. Firstly, they are more likely to have similar schedules, so they won’t be going out midweek unlike students. Secondly students don’t pay council tax, whilst you will do, so you don’t want to be paying the full bill.
Anymore questions give me a shout!

Thanks for your tips! I didn’t realise I’d be paying that extra tax that my uni friends don’t :/
Original post by student1602
Thanks for your tips! I didn’t realise I’d be paying that extra tax that my uni friends don’t :/

Yea I know, it’s a pain in the arse!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending