The Student Room Group

Ey apprenticeship final interview

Scroll to see replies

Original post by student1901
ah okayy, im sure they will understand that you were nervous and thats normal, please do let me know about the outcome goood luckkk

I will do !!
Reply 21
Hey! I've got mine in a couple of days and I'm really freaking out.You're right that it's normal to be nervous but I'm just trying to find the balance between giving the partners what they're looking for and being myself! If anyone has any last minute advice I would really appreciate it and hope you got the outcome you wanted!
Original post by kat3103
Hey! I've got mine in a couple of days and I'm really freaking out.You're right that it's normal to be nervous but I'm just trying to find the balance between giving the partners what they're looking for and being myself! If anyone has any last minute advice I would really appreciate it and hope you got the outcome you wanted!

Hey there, I had mine on Thursday hoping to find out the outcome on Monday! Last min advice would be consider why you want the job at EY, why the service line, why that location. Draw wider conclusions on the topic chosen for your discussion than what you include for the questions after. Consider how you found the task, if you’d done anything similar before, consider how to convince them you can cope with the workload and have a few hobbies you do in your spare time you can talk about. Good luck :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by student1608
Hey there, I had mine on Thursday hoping to find out the outcome on Monday! Last min advice would be consider why you want the job at EY, why the service line, why that location. Draw wider conclusions on the topic chosen for your discussion than what you include for the questions after. Consider how you found the task, if you’d done anything similar before, consider how to convince them you can cope with the workload and have a few hobbies you do in your spare time you can talk about.

Thanks for responding, this is actually really helpful. Good luck to you too. Let me know how you get on! Did you get a good feel for EY? And do you mind me asking if they the questions were mainly strength based and focused on personality or was it mainly about your presentation and ideas/knowledge?
Original post by kat3103
Thanks for responding, this is actually really helpful. Good luck to you too. Let me know how you get on! Did you get a good feel for EY? And do you mind me asking if they the questions were mainly strength based and focused on personality or was it mainly about your presentation and ideas/knowledge?

Got quite a good feel for the company yeah there was plenty o time to ask my questions ( I would suggest having atleast one prepared). He explained it would be half about the presentation and half about me, the part about me was mostly just about why I want it, there wasn’t a single situational questions ( as in tell me a time u did this etc) and he asked if I had questions and we discussed them. Lasted 45 mins :smile:
Reply 25
Got quite a good feel for the company yeah there was plenty o time to ask my questions ( I would suggest having atleast one prepared). He explained it would be half about the presentation and half about me, the part about me was mostly just about why I want it, there wasn’t a single situational questions ( as in tell me a time u did this etc) and he asked if I had questions and we discussed them. Lasted 45 mins :smile:

Thank you so much :smile: You have made me feel much calmer!
Hey there, I had mine on Thursday hoping to find out the outcome on Monday! Last min advice would be consider why you want the job at EY, why the service line, why that location. Draw wider conclusions on the topic chosen for your discussion than what you include for the questions after. Consider how you found the task, if you’d done anything similar before, consider how to convince them you can cope with the workload and have a few hobbies you do in your spare time you can talk about. Good luck :smile:

hey did you find out the outcome
Hi everyone, I have my interview in a couple of days for data analytics and just wanted to know what kind of questions I may be asked? If anyone has any advice or any tips that would be a great help :smile:
Original post by student649305
Hi everyone, I have my interview in a couple of days for data analytics and just wanted to know what kind of questions I may be asked? If anyone has any advice or any tips that would be a great help :smile:

hey what office did you apply for, and apparenlty they ask questions on like why ey
hey what office did you apply for, and apparenlty they ask questions on like why ey

I applied for the London Office, and okay thank you. I wasn't sure how in depth to research my role and the company etc but I have general answers for the most common questions they may ask.
Got mine today- tax in London
hey did you find out the outcome

Didn't want to reply until my offer letter came through on my portal but yes i got it!! :smile:
Anyone else applied for tax in London? :smile:
Didn't want to reply until my offer letter came through on my portal but yes i got it!! :smile:

well doneeee, could i ask how long it took for you to get a call back, as i had my interview yesterdayyy also what did they say were the requirements for a level grades
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by fifi1610
Anyone else applied for tax in London? :smile:

Or the London office in general?
Original post by fifi1610
Or the London office in general?

hey i applied to london but for tech
well doneeee, could i ask how long it took for you to get a call back, as i had my interview yesterdayyy also what did they say were the requirements for a level grades

I didn’t get a call in the end I got an email (which is why I was worried) the next afternoon and then my offer letter came through this morning :smile:
I didn’t get a call in the end I got an email (which is why I was worried) the next afternoon and then my offer letter came through this morning :smile:

oh wow did they say anyhting about a level grades

In my offer letter it says it’s conditional on my achieving the predicted grades I inputted at the start of the application process

Which I think is super laid back approach tbh

Quick Reply

Latest