The Student Room Group

Labour blame Israel for anti-Semitism scandal

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Pay walled...

An individual member of the Labour Party has blamed Israel for the anti-semitism scandal.*

Fixed that for you.
Original post by Napp
Pay walled...

The Labour Party published a report saying that Israeli interference contributed to Labour's defeat.
Not so much a dog whistle as a foghorn.
Original post by LiberOfLondon
The Labour Party published a report saying that Israeli interference contributed to Labour's defeat.

This is not true. The report was made by Labour International, who only represent some of the Labour Party members who live outside of the UK. They are not the Labour Party itself.
Original post by SHallowvale
This is not true. The report was made by Labour International, who only represent some of the Labour Party members who live outside of the UK. They are not the Labour Party itself.

The expat wing of the Labour Party is, I would imagine, a good cross section of the Labour Party. The fact that they published a document that uses anti-Semitic tropes speaks volumes.
Israeli interference.

Do they not do that?
The expat wing of the Labour Party is, I would imagine, a good cross section of the Labour Party. The fact that they published a document that uses anti-Semitic tropes speaks volumes.

Firstly, this isn't relevant. Labour International is not the Labour Party. Claiming that "The Labour Party" published the report is factually false.

Secondly, evidence suggests that only one person in Labour International was responsible for blaming Israel. You can't just generalise this person's beliefs and say that the rest of the group feel the same way. You certainly can't make an even wider generalisation towards that of the entire Labour Party.

Learn how to think critically, please. This isn't the first time you've made generalisations.

You are just straight lying. One labour member said this, not the party.

Sorry mate, you are mistaken this time. I know you may want the labour party to be so deluded but the reality is, we arnt.

What we are guilty of is, is being too slow to kick out members, idoit members who held/hold (and voiced/voice) dubious believes. This is demonstrated by the speed we kicked Alastair Campbell out the party but was, slow shall we say? To kick out members who made and voiced anti semitic views.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 10

Labour supports the rights of the oppressed Palestinians to self determination.
The party has been critical of Israel's foreign policy and human rights abuses.
Corbyn's position on the region was clear.
Labour proposed reassessing military aid to Israel if elected.

And you seriously think that Israeli interests did not promote anti-Corbyn propaganda? Pfft!
Original post by tubphonecase
You are just straight lying. One labour member said this, not the party.

its their past time, 40 hospitals and £350m for the NHS per week don't you know lol
Original post by QE2
Labour supports the rights of the oppressed Palestinians to self determination.
The party has been critical of Israel's foreign policy and human rights abuses.
Corbyn's position on the region was clear.
Labour proposed reassessing military aid to Israel if elected.

And you seriously think that Israeli interests did not promote anti-Corbyn propaganda? Pfft!

1) The Palestinian people are not oppressed by Israel. If Israel oppresses the Palestinians, then why is Palestinian Arabic an official language of Israel?
2) Cutting military aid to the only liberal democracy in the whole region of the Middle East would be a Bad Thing.
3) Name me some of those Israeli interests then

Or are you just happy to dog whistle and run away?
Original post by Burton Bridge
What we are guilty of is, is being too slow to kick out members, idoit members who held/hold (and voiced/voice) dubious believes. This is demonstrated by the speed we kicked Alastair Campbell out the party but was, slow shall we say? To kick out members who made and voiced anti semitic views.

On this I have to agree with you. We can argue as to whether Corbyn and the Labour Party are anti-Semitic themselves, but the truth is that Labour under Corbyn has been far too slow to remove anti-Semites from the party and to let them hold positions of influence when they should have been expelled years ago (Ken Livingstone, Jackie Walker and Chris Williamson spring to mind).

And then there's the matter of the 10 pledges and the fact that a sizable amount of the grassroots party views Long-Bailey as a Tory (yes, REBECCA LONG FECKING BAILEY) for supporting the measures of the Board of Deputies. But then again, these are the people that think all Je... oops, Zionists are secretly Tories anyway and accuse the BDBJ of being in the pay of the Party. Draw your own conclusions.
Reply 13
1) The Palestinian people are not oppressed by Israel.

Jesus! I've seen delusional denial before, but not on this level!

If Israel oppresses the Palestinians, then why is Palestinian Arabic an official language of Israel?

Erm, it isn't. It's Hebrew.
Really struggling to understand what's going on in your head here.

2) Cutting military aid to the only liberal democracy in the whole region of the Middle East would be a Bad Thing.
Irrelevant to my point.

3) Name me some of those Israeli interests then

Erm... the government? Corporations? Investors?
Come on, it's really not that difficult.

On this I have to agree with you. We can argue as to whether Corbyn and the Labour Party are anti-Semitic themselves, but the truth is that Labour under Corbyn has been far too slow to remove anti-Semites from the party and to let them hold positions of influence when they should have been expelled years ago (Ken Livingstone, Jackie Walker and Chris Williamson spring to mind).

And then there's the matter of the 10 pledges and the fact that a sizable amount of the grassroots party views Long-Bailey as a Tory (yes, REBECCA LONG FECKING BAILEY) for supporting the measures of the Board of Deputies. But then again, these are the people that think all Je... oops, Zionists are secretly Tories anyway and accuse the BDBJ of being in the pay of the Party. Draw your own conclusions.

No idea what you are n about here, but it sounds suspiciously conspiratorial.
Original post by QE2
Jesus! I've seen delusional denial before, but not on this level!

Erm, it isn't. It's Hebrew.
Really struggling to understand what's going on in your head here.

Irrelevant to my point.

Erm... the government? Corporations? Investors?
Come on, it's really not that difficult.

No idea what you are n about here, but it sounds suspiciously conspiratorial.

1) How are the Palestinians oppressed by Israel?
2) Arabic is used on road signs and has a semi-official status https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0f/Annava105.jpg/800px-Annava105.jpg
3) Israeli corporations? That could not be a more obvious trope.
Reply 15
1) How are the Palestinians oppressed by Israel?

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2019/country-chapters/israel/palestine
https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/middle-east-and-north-africa/israel-and-occupied-palestinian-territories/
https://waronwant.org/justice-palestine
https://www.un.org/press/en/2019/gapal1428.doc.htm
But I guess that Human Rights Watch, Amnesty, War on Want and the UN are all "anti-semitic", eh?

2) Arabic is used on road signs and has a semi-official status https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0f/Annava105.jpg/800px-Annava105.jpg

Palestinian Arabic is not "the official language of Israel", as you claimed.
You have clearly never been to a country where more than one language is spoken.

3) Israeli corporations? That could not be a more obvious trope.

For what? People who would stand to benefit from the Tories beating Labour?
Are you now saying that any reference to any Israel-based company is antisemitism? What about if I mention that Israeli hotels would benefit from peace in the Middle East? Is that antisemitic?
*smh*
Of course Israel had its part. Think about it this way, from Israel's perspective. One of your closest allies, who has previously never criticised you before, is about to elect a prolific pro Palestinian MP as prime minister. Wouldn't you, as Israel, interfere to stop this happening?

Why is it perfectly okay to suggest that Russia interferes in elections, but not Israel?
Original post by QE2
https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2019/country-chapters/israel/palestine
https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/middle-east-and-north-africa/israel-and-occupied-palestinian-territories/
https://waronwant.org/justice-palestine
https://www.un.org/press/en/2019/gapal1428.doc.htm
But I guess that Human Rights Watch, Amnesty, War on Want and the UN are all "anti-semitic", eh?

Palestinian Arabic is not "the official language of Israel", as you claimed.
You have clearly never been to a country where more than one language is spoken.

For what? People who would stand to benefit from the Tories beating Labour?
Are you now saying that any reference to any Israel-based company is antisemitism? What about if I mention that Israeli hotels would benefit from peace in the Middle East? Is that antisemitic?
*smh*

The impartiality of UN reports has to be called into question when a UN researcher accused the DWP and Sir Iain Duncan Smith of crimes against humanity.
Reply 18
Original post by Ferrograd
Of course Israel had its part. Think about it this way, from Israel's perspective. One of your closest allies, who has previously never criticised you before, is about to elect a prolific pro Palestinian MP as prime minister. Wouldn't you, as Israel, interfere to stop this happening?

Why is it perfectly okay to suggest that Russia interferes in elections, but not Israel?

Cuz antisemitism.
Reply 19
The impartiality of UN reports has to be called into question when a UN researcher accused the DWP and Sir Iain Duncan Smith of crimes against humanity.

What would you call a pampered, privileged millionaire stopping the benefits to severely disabled people because he claims they are "fit for work", simply in order to fulfil ideological aims and achieve arbitrary targets that probably save less than he claims on expenses?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending