The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

QMUL or Westminster Uni?

Hi guys! I have received offers from both Queen Mary University of London and the University of Westminster. I don't know much about either of the uni and I am planning on enrolling on one in September 2020. I am studying Law undergraduate and I really need some help deciding..:smile: any pros and cons for both?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys! I have received offers from both Queen Mary University of London and the University of Westminster. I don't know much about either of the uni and I am planning on enrolling on one in September 2020. I am studying Law undergraduate and I really need some help deciding..:smile: any pros and cons for both?

I'd say go with Queen Mary as it is a Russel Group uni and is extremely reputable. Firms prefer queen Mary over Westminster and QM does work with reputable law firms.
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by syeda0987
I'd say go with Queen Mary as it is a Russel Group uni and is extremely reputable. Firms prefer queen Mary over Westminster and QM does work with reputable law firms.

Queen mary 1:0 Westminster.... thank you :smile:
Why on earth would you choose Westminster over QM?
Reply 4
Why on earth would you choose Westminster over QM?

I am an international student and have no idea how either of the universities are, that's why I'm searching for opinions.. Queen mart 2:0 westminster i guess .. although why do you say queen mary is SO much better?
Queen mary 1:0 Westminster.... thank you :smile:

It's up to you but I think everyone would agree that QM is so much better than Westminister
Reply 6
Original post by syeda0987
It's up to you but I think everyone would agree that QM is so much better than Westminister

Did you/ do you study at QMUL? what makes it better? except for rankings of course
Did you/ do you study at QMUL? what makes it better? except for rankings of course

I don't study there as im only in year 12 but I do a pathway to law programme there so I know a bit about it. There are many firms such as Allen and Ovary, Eversheds, Ashurst that are partner firms with QM. Also, Westminster is good but it's not very well known
From the perspective of a prospective student, I have visited QM, although I haven’t done the same for Westminster, and found the facilities to be more than satisfactory. The teaching quality at Queen Mary seems to be on par with some of the best. The obvious differences are important too, eg rankings and RG or not RG, if you are intending on going into a job wherein these things are important. But at the end of the day, it’s about where you can see yourself studying (however, from reading what has been aforementioned, it seems you are unable to visit the universities). I would recommend reading what you can about the universities and trying to hear from current or past students in order to gain the true insight into which uni would be better for you.

Hope this helped!
Reply 9
Original post by Aptitude.
From the perspective of a prospective student, I have visited QM, although I haven’t done the same for Westminster, and found the facilities to be more than satisfactory. The teaching quality at Queen Mary seems to be on par with some of the best. The obvious differences are important too, eg rankings and RG or not RG, if you are intending on going into a job wherein these things are important. But at the end of the day, it’s about where you can see yourself studying (however, from reading what has been aforementioned, it seems you are unable to visit the universities). I would recommend reading what you can about the universities and trying to hear from current or past students in order to gain the true insight into which uni would be better for you.

Hope this helped!

it did, thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending