The Student Room Group

can I go from a grade 3 to a grade 4 in foundation

In 4 months?

Edexcel GCSE

I keep getting around 35-40 marks on each paper and I need at least 50!. I’m really struggling on the algebra and geometry topics
Original post by PatriciaBright
In 4 months?

Edexcel GCSE

I keep getting around 35-40 marks on each paper and I need at least 50!. I’m really struggling on the algebra and geometry topics

I think you easily can. 4 months is a lot of time and if you study you could easily get a 5! I’m bad at algebra too. I’m doing GCSEs now as well and I need maths for A levels so I need to get at least a 7!. Since I moved from Australia there was a lot of gaps and I’m still in the bottom set but doing higher. The first test I did I got a 4 and now I got a 6 and I’m aiming for a 7/8. Just work hard and let your teacher know you want to do well and they will help you
Original post by isabellazafe
I think you easily can. 4 months is a lot of time and if you study you could easily get a 5! I’m bad at algebra too. I’m doing GCSEs now as well and I need maths for A levels so I need to get at least a 7!. Since I moved from Australia there was a lot of gaps and I’m still in the bottom set but doing higher. The first test I did I got a 4 and now I got a 6 and I’m aiming for a 7/8. Just work hard and let your teacher know you want to do well and they will help you

I never get 4’s. My teachers have always been terrible! And I can’t afford a tuition teacher. I really need a 4. My weakest points are geometry. And the harder algebra. How do I do well In those when I struggle to understand
Bump
Original post by PatriciaBright
I never get 4’s. My teachers have always been terrible! And I can’t afford a tuition teacher. I really need a 4. My weakest points are geometry. And the harder algebra. How do I do well In those when I struggle to understand

Ask one of your friends to help or watch YouTube there are tonnes of videos. Search some questions and try practice 5 a day of your weakest and all topics. I think the website is called corbettmaths 5 a day.
Original post by isabellazafe
Ask one of your friends to help or watch YouTube there are tonnes of videos. Search some questions and try practice 5 a day of your weakest and all topics. I think the website is called corbettmaths 5 a day.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest