The Student Room Group

Which University Should I choose ?

Hi I am an international Student from India and I got offers from Uni of Leeds and Uni of Bath for Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence
with that being said which University should I select for better job guarantee that's my only concern Please help
Original post by suryansh55
Hi I am an international Student from India and I got offers from Uni of Leeds and Uni of Bath for Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence
with that being said which University should I select for better job guarantee that's my only concern Please help

Both are a similar standard imo, the Unis reputation is so similar your ability to build a good resume and perform well in recruitment will be the bigger factor.

I would just the pick the uni with modules that interest you more.
Reply 2
Leeds
london metropolitan or cambridge
Reply 4
Original post by mnot
Both are a similar standard imo, the Unis reputation is so similar your ability to build a good resume and perform well in recruitment will be the bigger factor.

Thank you
Original post by mnot

Hello @mnot,
I've the following offers which I've filtered and am considering:
Artificial Intelligence, St. Andrews,
Cyber Security, Glasgow
Machine Learning & Autonomous Systems, Bath
Data Science with Artificial Intelligence, Exeter

My top factor to pick a course would be the graduate prospects and chances of employability. This also weighs in more as I'm an international student. Though Exeter and Glasgow are ranked lower than St. Andrews, I've been advised they're better when it comes to graduate prospects. Do you have any thoughts to offer in this regard ? Thank you
Original post by veritaserum7
Hello @mnot,
I've the following offers which I've filtered and am considering:
Artificial Intelligence, St. Andrews,
Cyber Security, Glasgow
Machine Learning & Autonomous Systems, Bath
Data Science with Artificial Intelligence, Exeter

My top factor to pick a course would be the graduate prospects and chances of employability. This also weighs in more as I'm an international student. Though Exeter and Glasgow are ranked lower than St. Andrews, I've been advised they're better when it comes to graduate prospects. Do you have any thoughts to offer in this regard ? Thank you

I would say St Andrews has the best reputation & hence looks better on a CV. Then exeter followed by Glasgow (this is just my opinion), they are good well respected unis tho.

And as I like to point out to all people who ask this question, what is more important is YOU! Do you build a strong CV, get internships, get committee positions, balance excellent uni grades with extracurriculars (these matter more then what uni your at if they are similarly respected).

St Andrews and Glasgow are up in Scotland so if you want to go for job interviews in London it would be a substantial effort...
Original post by mnot
I would say St Andrews has the best reputation & hence looks better on a CV. Then exeter followed by Glasgow (this is just my opinion), they are good well respected unis tho.

And as I like to point out to all people who ask this question, what is more important is YOU! Do you build a strong CV, get internships, get committee positions, balance excellent uni grades with extracurriculars (these matter more then what uni your at if they are similarly respected).

St Andrews and Glasgow are up in Scotland so if you want to go for job interviews in London it would be a substantial effort...

Thank you for the prompt reply ! That was helpful !
None of these universities are particularly well known for their computer science departments though, are they ?
As for job interviews, I've heard it's mostly skype based nowadays so the distance doesn't really matter.
I'm also more inclined towards Exeter since my boyfriend has an offer from there. Was also considering Bath in the case he takes up his offer at Bristol.
Original post by veritaserum7
Thank you for the prompt reply ! That was helpful !
None of these universities are particularly well known for their computer science departments though, are they ?
As for job interviews, I've heard it's mostly skype based nowadays so the distance doesn't really matter.
I'm also more inclined towards Exeter since my boyfriend has an offer from there. Was also considering Bath in the case he takes up his offer at Bristol.

I dont know too much specifically about CompSci, Exeter is well known in other STEM subjects I would assume this would be the case for CompSci as well (Bath is a very well respected STEM uni similarly...).

With graduate jobs its very likely you will have to do both a skype/telephone interview & an in person interview.
Original post by mnot

I would like to point out, that unless Ms Sturgeon gets another referendum, planes and trains still operate between Scotland and England.
Congrats on your offers! Those are the subjects that really amuse me !

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6607088

Here I have my comparison, I hope it helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending