The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Please help — about my conditional offer from Exeter

I need help I’m an overseas applicant (for Postgraduate programme). After being rejected by several universities, I finally received a conditional offer in late Dec from Uni of Exeter (LLM in Commercial Law), and the offer letter stated 2 conditions: (1) English Language Qualification (2) Receipt of 1 reference which is deemed satisfactory by the University of ExeterI will take IELTS exam to satisfy the first condition. However, for the second condition, my referee had already sent the reference letter to the Postgraduate Admissions team in early Dec and a colleague from the team had also replied to the email and said that she had received the Letter and would attach it to their record. After receiving the offer letter, I went to check the the record in Applicant Gateway, which stated that I need to upload a Reference Letter. Does it mean that my Reference Letter is not accepted and I need to provide another one? (But they did mention that the reference letter will be attached to the record..) Or they made a wrong record in the Applicant Gateway? I had already sent email to the Postgraduate Admissions team 2 weeks ago but there is no reply from them. I don’t know who should I contact, and I need to confirm my offer soon. Is there anyone with similar experience and can tell me what’s going on / is there a better and faster way to get in touch with the Admissions team?
Original post by stacywong
I need help I’m an overseas applicant (for Postgraduate programme). After being rejected by several universities, I finally received a conditional offer in late Dec from Uni of Exeter (LLM in Commercial Law), and the offer letter stated 2 conditions: (1) English Language Qualification (2) Receipt of 1 reference which is deemed satisfactory by the University of ExeterI will take IELTS exam to satisfy the first condition. However, for the second condition, my referee had already sent the reference letter to the Postgraduate Admissions team in early Dec and a colleague from the team had also replied to the email and said that she had received the Letter and would attach it to their record. After receiving the offer letter, I went to check the the record in Applicant Gateway, which stated that I need to upload a Reference Letter. Does it mean that my Reference Letter is not accepted and I need to provide another one? (But they did mention that the reference letter will be attached to the record..) Or they made a wrong record in the Applicant Gateway? I had already sent email to the Postgraduate Admissions team 2 weeks ago but there is no reply from them. I don’t know who should I contact, and I need to confirm my offer soon. Is there anyone with similar experience and can tell me what’s going on / is there a better and faster way to get in touch with the Admissions team?

Just contact the postgrad admissions team via that e-mail and explain whats happened.
I expect your reference will be fine , but just not attached or not see.
Check if this is the case and if not confirm that they want a different ref.

Ring them if its urgent.
https://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/contact/
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Just contact the postgrad admissions team via that e-mail and explain whats happened.
I expect your reference will be fine , but just not attached or not see.
Check if this is the case and if not confirm that they want a different ref.

Ring them if its urgent.
https://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/contact/

Thanks a lot Tigger. They didn’t reply to my email. I called them at last and the problem is solved now.
Original post by stacywong
Thanks a lot Tigger. They didn’t reply to my email. I called them at last and the problem is solved now.

Emails are easy to ignore or slow to be dealt with.
Phone requires bit more effort but sometimes you get an immediate response from a human being.
I assume it was admin, the reference was fine and has been put in the right place now, with any confusion being resolved.
Nothing to worry about now, so worth it. Have fun.
Reply 4
Hello I have same issue but I am not able to call..cpuld you pleas help me how this problem is solved??
Original post by Kimaya
Hello I have same issue but I am not able to call..cpuld you pleas help me how this problem is solved??

I believe the original poster had to call as the uni was not responsive to emails. Sometimes calling the main switchboard and asking for either central admissions or the academic department can get you through.

Failing that, some unis have a livechat option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending