What do you find most difficult about driving? Watch

jerrybangers
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am still a learner but had a good 20-25 lessons so i’m familiar with the best part of driving. However the one thing i’m not so great at is roundabouts. Especially Spiral ones. Out of curiosity, what does everyone else find most difficult?
Fayzan_Ali
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
going to the actual lessons lmao i despise driving
Angel499
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It took me a long time to cope with roundabouts- I'm dreading doing them at peak times (rush hour traffic). I hate people don't indicate much on them- I'm bad at reading their wheel positioning to anticipate when they'll leave the roundabout so when they don't indicate it really drives me nuts!
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The unpredictable drivers on the roads.
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Other drivers in general
Phoenixfeather99
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Driving at night in the rain with no streetlights.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Parking. I've only had 15hrs worth of lessons and struggle with this.
Katyyferrierr
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ve had a bad experience instructor and my test is in March and I’ve only started with a new one last week, I hate the actual lessons and much prefer to do it more independently with my mum
riaaree
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
parking 100%. I've got my test tomorrow and I can not parallel park! let's hope they don't ask me to do it
Neilos
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unintuitive road layouts and stupid drivers. Especially when the two meet.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Avoiding losing my no-claims bonus to the inconsiderate drivers of Croydon, Fulham-Putney Bridge and East London.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Finding the opportunity to practice it. I failed 4 times before the local cabbies took pity and said... you drive! Talk about the deep end but now... watch out... I am about and I am damn good!
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Phoenixfeather99)
Driving at night in the rain with no streetlights.
Or the stupid, ridiculous bloody bright white led headlights coming at you down a dark road, dazzling so you can’t see a damn thing
Phoenixfeather99
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sammylou40)
Or the stupid, ridiculous bloody bright white led headlights coming at you down a dark road, dazzling so you can’t see a damn thing
Made a lot worse by them reflecting on the wet road!
jennaq
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Other drivers. The number of people who quite obviously don't check their mirrors is horrendous. I was driving down a dual carriageway a few weeks ago and some guy started coming across into the right lane at the exact same time as I was passing him. He wouldn't have realised I was there unless I honked my horn. Or those people who do 40mph in national speed, then carry on doing 40 into 30 zones. I don't get it, do you just not realise you can actually look at the speed you're doing?
It's honestly scary who they give licenses to.

Also driving down narrow country lanes where there's often a situation where one of you has to reverse a fair bit to let the other person pass :rolleyes: Not difficult, just quite annoying.
dj_ad_1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by riaaree)
parking 100%. I've got my test tomorrow and I can not parallel park! let's hope they don't ask me to do it
Ive done my test a couple of times and im pretty sure on all of them they;ve asked me to do parallel park. Its become compulsory i think but u dont have to worry about emergency stop as you might not have time to do that. Good luck
dj_ad_1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jerrybangers)
I am still a learner but had a good 20-25 lessons so i’m familiar with the best part of driving. However the one thing i’m not so great at is roundabouts. Especially Spiral ones. Out of curiosity, what does everyone else find most difficult?
I hate really hilly roads. My car always rolls back as I dont press the petrol quick enough. Ive been driving for about a year.
riaaree
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dj_ad_1)
Ive done my test a couple of times and im pretty sure on all of them they;ve asked me to do parallel park. Its become compulsory i think but u dont have to worry about emergency stop as you might not have time to do that. Good luck
i had my test earlier and i had to parallel park! i got a minor for my controls of it as i was stressing out so much but i passed! woo
dj_ad_1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by riaaree)
i had my test earlier and i had to parallel park! i got a minor for my controls of it as i was stressing out so much but i passed! woo
congrats and hopefully i wont see u banging my car aha
annajxgoods
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Parallel parking!! And other drivers

My test is in 3 weeks
Spoiler:
Show

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (363)
59.22%
Yes- I don't like it (33)
5.38%
No- I want it (173)
28.22%
No- I don't want it (44)
7.18%

Watched Threads