Daisy02
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Which universities have the best guest speakers/networking events/connections?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Daisy02)
Which course are you interested in?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Which industries are you interested in?
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
it's important to realise that the most targeted unis tend to be the largest, and so far nobody has compiled a league table of employer targeting per student, hence why Manchester is above LSE in these stakes.
Daisy02
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by PQ)
Which industries are you interested in?
I am unsure as of yet, but am looking into investment banking. I ask because I assume that London universities such as UCL have the best connections (for most industries) and guest speakers simply due to being in such a central location, but are there any other universities?
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey!

I'm Charlie, one of the Lancaster University student ambassadors. I'm currently in my 2nd year of a degree in Finance & Economics - basically, 50% accounting & finance modules with 50% economics modules.

Personally, I was overwhelmed by the amounts of events hosted at Lancaster. I have been to networking events with firms like MUFG and Deloitte through my careers advisors. Guest lecturers often lecture and this is always heavily advertised within lectures beforehand so they are hard to miss! Even the societies here at Lancaster have been able to put on and host some great speakers and also provide very effective networking events.

I would strongly advise making sure that you have a Linked In account set up before coming to university, so that you can add people that you network with and build up a strong foundation network for when you finish your degree!

I hope this was helpful!

Charlie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (242)
60.65%
No (82)
20.55%
Not sure (75)
18.8%

Watched Threads