The Student Room Group

Royal College of Art/RCA 2020-2021 app.

Hi, I wanted to start a forum for applications to the RCA 2020-21. I applied by November 20, 2019 for an entry in the fall 2020. Answers about application status were suppose to be sent “from January 9th, 2020”, but I still haven’t received an email. I was wondering if this was usual or if anyone had heard back? —thanks!
Reply 1
Hi,I have applied by November 20 and I've emailed the admissions for my status.They have replied by stating that my application will be considered in the second round of applications as it appears that I've edited it after the deadline of 20 November 2019. I am very frustrated and annoyed with the pebble pad system that it did not alert me with anything when I click the submit button again out of curiosity.And I did not receive any confirmation of submission, that my application is being processed or will be considered in the next round.
Hi Arifyfy thanks for your answer and letting me know what happened in your case. I also thought the pebble pad system was slightly annoying. I’m not sure I understand what you mean by “the submit button” as it was a “check the box to mark the page as complete situation”, was this what you meant? I’ve logged into pebble pad a few times also out of curiosity so I’m hoping that didn’t cause an issue.
Reply 3
Original post by Margot D
Hi Arifyfy thanks for your answer and letting me know what happened in your case. I also thought the pebble pad system was slightly annoying. I’m not sure I understand what you mean by “the submit button” as it was a “check the box to mark the page as complete situation”, was this what you meant? I’ve logged into pebble pad a few times also out of curiosity so I’m hoping that didn’t cause an issue.

Hi Margot,
Sorry, I couldn't recall it was a check box. I'm sure just loggin in would do no harm as long as you didn't edit anything and check the mark as complete tick box. All the best for your application.
I logged on as well because I was curious and when i viewed one of my assets it automatically saved. Now im concerned I will be considered in the next round. Does your workbook say it was modified after the deadline or just one of the assets?
@nathanojyoung Hi, if you’re talking to me I’m not sure. I did call the Admissions’s office today and asked about which programme I applied to, they mentioned they were still processing apps/ sending results out. So maybe you could just call for an update?
Original post by Arifyfy
Hi Margot,
Sorry, I couldn't recall it was a check box. I'm sure just loggin in would do no harm as long as you didn't edit anything and check the mark as complete tick box. All the best for your application.

I logged on as well because I was curious and when i viewed one of my assets it automatically saved. Now im concerned I will be considered in the next round. Does your workbook say it was modified after the deadline or just one of the assets?
Reply 7
Original post by nathanojyoung

Hi Nathan, my assets have been modified latest on the 19th. I suggest you call them for clarification if you dont hear anything from them yet.

Quick Reply

Latest