The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London (KCL) ~ Postgraduate Applicants for 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kitkathilein
I received a first update (references received) on 16.12., then a second update (document review) on 03.01. and I received an offer on 13.01.

So I suppose it won‘t take too long if they reviewed some of your documents! :smile:

Spoiler

Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
I got in :smile: applied for MSc Mathematics

My timeline-
Applied- first week of November
References submitted- 26th November
Document status update- 15th January
Offer letter- 18th January

All the best everyone!
Reply 62
I received a first update (references received) on 16.12., then a second update (document review) on 03.01. and I received an offer on 13.01.

So I suppose it won‘t take too long if they reviewed some of your documents! :smile:

When did you first submit your application?
I'm curious of the entire duration from the day of application submission to when you got your offer, so I have
something in comparison to expect.

I sent off my application yesterday, so hoping ideally before end of February. :crossedf:
Original post by adamR19
When did you first submit your application?
I'm curious of the entire duration from the day of application submission to when you got your offer, so I have
something in comparison to expect.

I sent off my application yesterday, so hoping ideally before end of February. :crossedf:

I applied on 09.12. and my referees uploaded their docs on 10.12., so it took about a month. I was really surprised that they responded so quickly, I also applied to ICL and UCL but haven't heard back from them yet.

Wishing you the best of luck! :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by splashywill
I'm studying Robotics at the University of the West of England.

How have you found King's so far? I've also applied to UCL - I'm really trying to move to London... Would you be able to tell me what areas students typically live in, please?

Nice!

I found King's to be really amazing for my course, with the content being well structured and lecturers being excellent at teaching. This is not just for the Physics department, but also for their informatics department, as I took a few modules from them as part of my optional modules. The university is in an ideal central location, and is very easy to get around to different places.

UCL is a great place to study at as-well!
What course did you apply to at UCL, and have you heard back from them yet?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 65
I applied on 09.12. and my referees uploaded their docs on 10.12., so it took about a month. I was really surprised that they responded so quickly, I also applied to ICL and UCL but haven't heard back from them yet.

Wishing you the best of luck! :smile:

That's amazing, especially really good that your referees uploaded their documents literally the day after haha!
What course did you apply to at ICL and UCL?

Do you have a preference to study at one place more than the others?
What are you currently studying, and where if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by adamR19
That's amazing, especially really good that your referees uploaded their documents literally the day after haha!
What course did you apply to at ICL and UCL?

Do you have a preference to study at one place more than the others?
What are you currently studying, and where if you don't mind me asking?

Haha yeah they had their references ready as I asked them to be my referees way in advance.

At ICL I applied for MRes Drug Discovery and Development and at UCL I applied for MRes Organic Chemistry: Drug Discovery.
My goal is to get into either UCL or ICL, can't really decide which one I'd prefer in the end tbh. But obviously I wouldn't mind going to KCL either.

I currently study Biotechnology at the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences in Vienna.
I am considering applying for that, any info on your academic stats and how competitive it is?
Original post by iloveskyblue1888
I am considering applying for that, any info on your academic stats and how competitive it is?

Do you mean Drug Development Science?
Reply 69
I want to firm KCL, but I am hearing things like places are UCL/Imperial are 'better' when it comes to research opportunities and prospects outside of your course for sciences/public health etc. How much truth is in this?
Reply 70
I applied to MSc in Human Resource Management & Organizational Analysis back in November and still waiting for a decision. Are King's offers ever conditional, requiring a certain final GPA from undergrad to actually attend? I'm American so I don't know how it works at all UK unis:smile:
Original post by Irene_So
Hi everyone, I sent my application for Accounting, accountability and financial management on 1st December, when do you think I could hear back from them? My referees sent their references right away and in the portal all of the documents have been stuck on “received” since day one

Hey Irene! I did my application for the same MSc last week. Today my references have been sent. I guess your application has been like this for so long due to all the holidays in December. Have you heard any update by now? Good luck with your application!

My references were received on 02.12, do you think it’s normal they haven’t been reviewed yet? As of 20.01? I was wondering whether I should send them a message or not...
Original post by ariadnanj
Hey Irene! I did my application for the same MSc last week. Today my references have been sent. I guess your application has been like this for so long due to all the holidays in December. Have you heard any update by now? Good luck with your application!

Hi! Nope, nothing yet, the document status is still on “received”, I’m hoping for something to happen this week! I’ll keep you updated
Hi! Nope, nothing yet, the document status is still on “received”, I’m hoping for something to happen this week! I’ll keep you updated

Yes let me know!!
Original post by Anonymous
My references were received on 02.12, do you think it’s normal they haven’t been reviewed yet? As of 20.01? I was wondering whether I should send them a message or not...

Well I suppose it totally depends on your course. I wouldn’t say it’s necessarily a bad thing. Which one did you apply to?

I’m always telling myself that it’s not a bad thing that they haven’t decided yet - at least that means they haven’t rejected it right away haha
Well I suppose it totally depends on your course. I wouldn’t say it’s necessarily a bad thing. Which one did you apply to?

I’m always telling myself that it’s not a bad thing that they haven’t decided yet - at least that means they haven’t rejected it right away haha

Hi I’m the anon, I wasn’t logged in earlier! It’s accounting, accountability and financial management, and since it’s relatively a new/not very known department in KCL I was kinda hoping for a quicker answer.
Like your thinking though!
Hi I’m the anon, I wasn’t logged in earlier! It’s accounting, accountability and financial management, and since it’s relatively a new/not very known department in KCL I was kinda hoping for a quicker answer.
Like your thinking though!

Maybe it just takes longer for business related courses. :smile: I think it's quite normal for them to take around 6 weeks to decide
Reply 78
When do we apply for accommodation?
How competitive is the MSc international marketing at KCL ?

Quick Reply

Latest