Unicorn2020
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I am in Year 10 so I want to get all 9s but i need advice on how to revise these kind of subjects and I am currently studying these subjects:
AQA English Language and Literature
AQA Biology
AQA Chemistry
AQA Physics
AQA Combined Science Trilogy
AQA Textiles
Edexcel Maths
Edexcel Drama
Edexcel Sport BTEC
History OCR B
Any advice will be really helpful
Varss
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Kayla.Rae.2020)
I am in Year 10 so I want to get all 9s but i need advice on how to revise these kind of subjects and I am currently studying these subjects:
AQA English Language and Literature
AQA Biology
AQA Chemistry
AQA Physics
AQA Combined Science Trilogy
AQA Textiles
Edexcel Maths
Edexcel Drama
Edexcel Sport BTEC
History OCR B
Any advice will be really helpful
The only reason i got 9s in AQA Sciences was cos i memorised the specification that u can get on the website. Like ditched my notes and just memorised that document. Maths was more just practising questions, not much 'revision' u can do for maths
Littlegeekgirl_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You do combined science AND triple science? That doesn’t make sense
Varss
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Littlegeekgirl_)
You do combined science AND triple science? That doesn’t make sense
^tru
ChloeBuzzard
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Can’t speak for English as I am rubbish at that and kinda hated it so won’t go there, however for the sciences, maths and history the best thing you can do is REVISE EARLY - whether it just be a minimum of an hour a day of productive revision will get you the top marks. Cannot stress PRACTICE PAPERS enough, just do maybe half of one a day and you’ll do amazing!! They repeat exam questions all the time it’s crazy!

For textiles (I did product design) the actual exam is the same above but for your course work the easiest thing you can do is find top mark examples and base your project similar to them - look at specs as well and make sure your follow them lines by line (don’t copy the examplars)

Can’t help with Drama and sport tho... <3
Camhward
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The best way to revise is to do LOTS of practice questions, and then using the mark scheme and correcting your mistakes and returning questions. This is how I got grade 9s. For the sciences and english, it's also good to do memory tests of key facts (and quotes for english) I made a list of facts for each chapter in the sciences and went over them and committed them to memory, and then applied those facts when it came to doing practice questions.
English lang I would just suggest lots of question practice so you know how the questions work.
Literature revise your context/themes/quotes and then compile them into essays. The best english student is the one who can give concise quality answers, so refine your writing style and technique. I dont want to sound too repetitive but actually doing questions and then correcting yourself is the way to go.
I didn't do tons of revision for maths but got an 8, but that's probably because for me maths isn't too bad. Just make sure you understand things, ask your teacher etc, go look things up. Then you know how to work out answers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (220)
33.69%
No (433)
66.31%

Watched Threads