The Student Room Group

Can I go from all grade 4s to all 7s within a year

Hi, I'm currently In year 10 & in all of my subjects I'm averaging a 4. So I was just wondering If I revise everyday until year 11, do you think I could get all 7s or am I just delusional? In the last month or so I've realised that I need to take education more seriously and that If I ever want to go to uni and make something good of myself I'm going to need the grades so I'm willing to put in alot of time to try and Improve just need some feedback and possibly tips on how I can do this :smile:Screenshot_20200118-140643_OneDrive-compressed.jpg.jpeg

Scroll to see replies

Honestly, timetables are never followed. If I was you, your best choice is to look into degree apprenticeships, some say they are even better than going to university. Going from a grade 4 to 7 in ALL subjects is REALLY hard. I was just about but able to pass all my subjects by revising everyday but still failed english (It is really hard).
Thank You ZhenYu, I appreciate your advice :smile: I was just wondering what if I wanted to go down the more Higher education route? Would grade 5s or 6s probably still be to low to get accepted into uni and six form?
Original post by ZhenYu Dai
Honestly, timetables are never followed. If I was you, your best choice is to look into degree apprenticeships, some say they are even better than going to university. Going from a grade 4 to 7 in ALL subjects is REALLY hard. I was just about but able to pass all my subjects by revising everyday but still failed english (It is really hard).

What advice is this?
Original post by Shadowmage9s
What advice is this?

Realistic Advice
Original post by Elias_M96
Thank You ZhenYu, I appreciate your advice :smile: I was just wondering what if I wanted to go down the more Higher education route? Would grade 5s or 6s probably still be to low to get accepted into uni and six form?

Bruh you are in year 10 if you work hard consistently you will get that grade 7.
I was not in year 10 but during year 11 I had a 3 in computer science first mock moved that up to a 6 in the second mock and finally a 7 in the real GCSES.
For English Language I went from a grade 6 for the first mock to a grade 5 in the second mock to a grade 8 in the GCSES.
RE I kept getting 5/6 and somehow got an 8

You have plenty of time to get a grade 7 or even higher just make sure you work hard and curb social media use , games etc

No grade 5 and 6 is fantastic, lots of six forms will accept you and universities as well.
Realistic Advice

No it isnt are you telling me he cant go from a grade 4 to a grade 7 when he is still in year 10.
Delusional.
Original post by Shadowmage9s
Bruh you are in year 10 if you work hard consistently you will get that grade 7.
I was not in year 10 but during year 11 I had a 3 in computer science first mock moved that up to a 6 in the second mock and finally a 7 in the real GCSES.
For English Language I went from a grade 6 for the first mock to a grade 5 in the second mock to a grade 8 in the GCSES.
RE I kept getting 5/6 and somehow got an 8

You have plenty of time to get a grade 7 or even higher just make sure you work hard and curb social media use , games etcOf

Of course you advice is correct, but you give the usual answers " work hard " yet not everyone can work hard without being distracted and procrastination is within almost all of us. Thus what I said to him is more realistic advice which would benefit him more.
Thank You, I really appreciate your message. I suppose hardwork is the key to success, so I'm going to try and keep consistent with all my subjects and try to improve my grade. Ps. my english lit exam is in 4 months, wish me luck lol :smile:
Btw this guy got all 9😂😂😂 zhen
Of course you advice is correct, but you give the usual answers " work hard " yet not everyone can work hard without being distracted and procrastination is within almost all of us. Thus what I said to him is more realistic advice which would benefit him more.

?
I am honestly confused.
He is in Year 10 mate half way through. and is willing to put the time through.
Most people do not even start revising till christmas of Year 11.
Can I repeat he has not even finished year 10.
Original post by hkgbknhl
Btw this guy got all 9😂😂😂 zhen

I did not. The name is not a reference to me getting 9s by the way.
Zhen he got all 9 I know him
U should be at least be getting 7s if you are revising that much because 80% walks into the exam with no revision
Hi, I'm currently In year 10 & in all of my subjects I'm averaging a 4. So I was just wondering If I revise everyday until year 11, do you think I could get all 7s or am I just delusional? In the last month or so I've realised that I need to take education more seriously and that If I ever want to go to uni and make something good of myself I'm going to need the grades so I'm willing to put in alot of time to try and Improve just need some feedback and possibly tips on how I can do this :smile:Screenshot_20200118-140643_OneDrive-compressed.jpg.jpeg

You have plenty of time find out what distracted you from revising in the first place and eliminate those.
Ask questions in class a lot even if it seems dumb it helps a lot trust me better than being confused after the class.
Revise in small chunks and set small goals for your self for instance instead of going from grade 4-7 straight away maybe focus on improving by 1 grade per term which will result in you improving by four grades.
Do all your homework to the best of your ability
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to try and take this onboard :smile:
Original post by hkgbknhl
U should be at least be getting 7s if you are revising that much because 80% walks into the exam with no revision

I did.
I did not revise this much which is why I am utterly confused with the other poster. He finds it weird that the OP cant jump three grades in the span of almost two years not realising lots of people improve by the same number of grades or even higher . Most people revise during YEAR 11 and the OP is willing to start revising now when he is in YEAR 10 so obviously there will be improvement.
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to try and take this onboard :smile:

No problem.
I dont want to get in between the crossfire but Shadow I'm agreeing with you on all of this :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest