The Student Room Group

Does anyone actually still watch football?

I dont watch it but I used to go to the games in 2017 but I dont bother now mainly because Id rather save my money for better stuff coz it like £30 per game then memberships and just seeing my team lose nah Im just not into it id rather be at home relaxing or going pub or focusing on my goals for my future. Also lets be honest I supported Manchester United but Im being honest they arent really good at all now and Ole isnt really good, the team are basically terrible now so thats another reason. Its all about the money now its just true they all have Bentleys, Ranges and massive houses the players couldnt care less if they win or lose its just the truth tbh. If they actually fully cared I would think about going games but they just dont its a fact. I dont watch football at all now not even on tv or radio etc. Cba with it also I dont even know if the whole thing is rigged so nah watching football isnt for me

Scroll to see replies

My work colleagues are OBSESSED with football, they watch it & bet on it, etc:dontknow: one section at work is even nicknamed after a footballer :lol:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
They probably just get told to do that
Reply 3
MU supporter but I just watch on TV, and actually our youth rlly aren't as snobby as u think. Rashford has done lots of interviews abt his life
Reply 4
Original post by Chronoscope
My work colleagues are OBSESSED with football, they watch it & bet on it, etc:dontknow: one section at work is even nicknamed after a footballer :lol:

Do you watch it yourself mate? I think some people think players care more than they do
Reply 5
Original post by Varss
MU supporter but I just watch on TV, and actually our youth rlly aren't as snobby as u think. Rashford has done lots of interviews abt his life

Ive seen them but yep hes only young and was still at school in 2016 so he can remember where hes come from but it will probably reduce and hell get more arrogant. When Rashford came on the scenes in 2016 you can tell he was a bit nervous on interviews and in games but now you can tell hes a lot more confident and a bit arrogant
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Dont know01
Ive seen them but yep hes only young and was still at school in 2016 so he can remember where hes come from but it will probably reduce and hell get more arrogant. When Rashford came on the scenes in 2016 you can tell he was a bit nervous on interviews and in games but now you can tell hes a lot more confident and a bit arrogant

yea sure, i do think these mans get paid way too much tho
Reply 7
Original post by Varss
yea sure, i do think these mans get paid way too much tho

Yeah bro
Reply 8
Of course they care, no professional sportsperson wants to spend their career losing. Have you ever played a sport, cos it doesn't seem like you have. Nobody is ever happy to get beat (unless they are taking a bung)
I think it's dipped in popularity a tiiiny bit amongst some but it's still by far the biggest sport thing going
Original post by gjd800
Of course they care, no professional sportsperson wants to spend their career losing. Have you ever played a sport, cos it doesn't seem like you have. Nobody is ever happy to get beat (unless they are taking a bung)

What about alexis sanchez at manchester united
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I think it's dipped in popularity a tiiiny bit amongst some but it's still by far the biggest sport thing going

Its just overrated
Reply 12
What about alexis sanchez at manchester united

If you think he wanted to be in the situation that he was in, then I can't help ye

Like everyone else, they have bad days, bad spells, bad attitudes sometimes, but unless they are corrupt or maybe ill, no sportsman cares so little about their vocation that they are sound with underperforming and losing every week
Was once asked to turf a first division soccer player's garden but the turf that arrived was crap! Phoned the boss but he said carry on... use the best bits,,, what best bits? 5 hrs later he turned up in a Ferrari... I'm not paying you for that!!! Don't blame you, neither would I.
Its just overrated

Objectively, that's bolleaux
Original post by Vinny C
Was once asked to turf a first division soccer player's garden but the turf that arrived was crap! Phoned the boss but he said carry on... use the best bits,,, what best bits? 5 hrs later he turned up in a Ferrari... I'm not paying you for that!!! Don't blame you, neither would I.

My guy
Original post by gjd800
If you think he wanted to be in the situation that he was in, then I can't help ye

Like everyone else, they have bad days, bad spells, bad attitudes sometimes, but unless they are corrupt or maybe ill, no sportsman cares so little about their vocation that they are sound with underperforming and losing every week

But sanchez had a bad whole season
Reply 17
But sanchez had a bad whole season

Aye, for myriad other factors than 'he's not bothered'
Original post by gjd800
Aye, for myriad other factors than 'he's not bothered'

But man u was supposed to be his dream club
My guy

Who... him or me?

Quick Reply