The Student Room Group

London Apprenticeships 2020

I have been offered various apprenticeships in London but I'm nervous about moving to London on my own. Anyone else in this situation?
I am!
What type of apprenticeship is it?
Original post by fifi1610
I am!

Hiya! How do you plan to get around it? like in terms of accommodation and stuff? and just out of curiosity lol, which apprenticeship is it for?
Original post by mattyp502

Mines tax at EY so professional services hbu?

For me? EY Level 7 one.. in assurance
Original post by student1602
Hiya! How do you plan to get around it? like in terms of accommodation and stuff? and just out of curiosity lol, which apprenticeship is it for?

My cousin is buying a flat in London so I’d rent a room from her! And EY tax hbu? I’m mainly worried about the social life and what to do on weekends and stuff as I’m not from London and all my friends have gone to uni
My cousin is buying a flat in London so I’d rent a room from her! And EY tax hbu? I’m mainly worried about the social life and what to do on weekends and stuff as I’m not from London and all my friends have gone to uni

literally same! i love this opportunity but i'm also not from london and scared for my social life. and i'm with EY for assurance instead...the canary wharf branch

literally same! i love this opportunity but i'm also not from london and scared for my social life. and i'm with EY for assurance instead...the canary wharf branch

In also at EY!! What are the chances lol! But in Edinburgh in TAS. There’ll be a lot of other joining with you, so you should have a decent group that you start with!

Ooh Im near London Bridge - where are you from? I live in Exeter!! We’re in the same boat because I love going out and generally just doing things with people so I don’t think I’d survive if I didn’t make any friends etc
Ooh Im near London Bridge - where are you from? I live in Exeter!! We’re in the same boat because I love going out and generally just doing things with people so I don’t think I’d survive if I didn’t make any friends etc

I'm from milton keynes- not too far from London (around 1hr30/2hr to the office) so if I don't find somewhere to live within my budget, I might just live at home. Everyone else I've spoken to who are also on the programme, are either living in London with their parents or don't care for a social life and going out!! could never be me!
I'm from milton keynes- not too far from London (around 1hr30/2hr to the office) so if I don't find somewhere to live within my budget, I might just live at home. Everyone else I've spoken to who are also on the programme, are either living in London with their parents or don't care for a social life and going out!! could never be me!

Guess I’ll end up being the designated pres place as my cousins really chill

Are you an MK Dons fan?
Guess I’ll end up being the designated pres place as my cousins really chill

you're so lucky...ur pretty much set then tbh. i think im gonna email in, closer to the time, to see if they can put me in contact with other people who are moving to London alone, just so i'm near someone yk
Are you an MK Dons fan?

not particularly, the traffic in my area when there are matches on is awful lmao

hey congrats on your offer
could i ask when your final interview was and when you recieved a call
thank youuu
Original post by student1901
hey congrats on your offer
could i ask when your final interview was and when you recieved a call
thank youuu

I replied to ur private message :smile:
I replied to ur private message :smile:

hey i sent you a private message

Quick Reply