The Student Room Group

I think I’m in love with my flatmate

So we were really flirty but he had a gf now he’s broken up with her, they’ve been broken up for about a month. We spend literally every night together watching **** tv. He always looks at me when he tells a joke or finds something funny, and when we’re sat on the sofa watching tv we end up closer together than what we started. One of my other flatmates has said “you’re obviously his favourite, he tells you everything” I’d tell him anything. I’ve caught him checking me out before and we always ALWAYS talk about how we want our weddings to go and how we want to raise kids or where we’d go on holiday. I really like him but I’ve recently started talking to another guy because my flatmate (the one this post is about) is always saying he doesn’t want a relationship so I thought I better move on but every time the guy I’m talking to comes up in conversation he goes quiet and looks sad and/or leaves. Also he’s always been one to take the piss out of anyone I get with but now he barely mentions this new guy. I just don’t know what to do because I really like him but I’m getting mixed signals and I also like this other guy that I’m talking to.

P.s I’m drunk writing this sorry if it’s a mess
Reply 1
Ask your flatmate straight out about what he wants. If he means it about not having a relationship, decide if you can stay friends with whatever feelings you have for him, but for dating, save your time and energy for someone else.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
So we were really flirty but he had a gf now he’s broken up with her, they’ve been broken up for about a month. We spend literally every night together watching **** tv. He always looks at me when he tells a joke or finds something funny, and when we’re sat on the sofa watching tv we end up closer together than what we started. One of my other flatmates has said “you’re obviously his favourite, he tells you everything” I’d tell him anything. I’ve caught him checking me out before and we always ALWAYS talk about how we want our weddings to go and how we want to raise kids or where we’d go on holiday. I really like him but I’ve recently started talking to another guy because my flatmate (the one this post is about) is always saying he doesn’t want a relationship so I thought I better move on but every time the guy I’m talking to comes up in conversation he goes quiet and looks sad and/or leaves. Also he’s always been one to take the piss out of anyone I get with but now he barely mentions this new guy. I just don’t know what to do because I really like him but I’m getting mixed signals and I also like this other guy that I’m talking to.

Your drunk...:whip:
Highly recommend you just ask him directly, you can’t read his mind and we definitely won’t know what type of relationship he wants with you.

Give yourself some closure, if he says that he doesn’t want a relationship and just wants to stay friends, leave it at that. You will eventually move on since you know what’s real and what was just “hopes”.

Hope this helps!
Reply 4

Right so we kind of got together... we both really like each other and we’ve agreed to wait to sleep together for a bit just until we know that this isn’t a completely terrible idea
No one really asked butttt congrats I guess
Original post by Surnia
Ask your flatmate straight out about what he wants. If he means it about not having a relationship, decide if you can stay friends with whatever feelings you have for him, but for dating, save your time and energy for someone else.

no! That is not a good idea. Don't ask him!
Right so we kind of got together... we both really like each other and we’ve agreed to wait to sleep together for a bit just until we know that this isn’t a completely terrible idea

congrats!
Original post by emily_000
no! That is not a good idea. Don't ask him!

Why would asking him be a bad idea you like dumb or smthing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending