The Student Room Group

Ex boyfriend erased me?

It was a political campaign we share and my ex brought his new girlfriend aka his old flame he wanted before he dated me with him. Usually he is very active in the campaign but yesterday he didnt contribute. He just watched from the audience with her. Throughout the event, he kept looking at her in between and had his hands on shoulder/arm.
A friend of ours went over to ask them about how they met and stuff and he basically started telling them that they met 3 years ago and how he fell in love with her that time itself. He said time couldn't get them together at the time but that's how the unresolved love story happened which was waiting to reopen again. When he was saying all this, he kept squeezing her shoulders and looking at her.

The hideous thing is that he dated me since the last 1 year when he was in no contact with after he left the place. I'm completely erased from his life since everyone now knows that he met her and fell for her 3 years ago itself.
The friend literally called them soulmates as well which has pissed me off.

Why did he erase me like this? How can he forget that we was in relationship with me and meeting our families/having sex was integral?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
*when he was in no contact with her
You are his ex. People typically don’t talk much about their exes unless something prompts them to.
He sounds awful - fancy saying all that to a mutual friend :frown:

The other girl ought to reflect on his lack of sensitivity but won't until it affects her one day
I guess you post a thread about this daily?
A strong whiff of 'did not happen'.....
Reply 6
Original post by StriderHort
A strong whiff of 'did not happen'.....

What did not happen
Reply 7
Original post by MrMusician95
I guess you post a thread about this daily?

At least respond why he did this
Reply 8
Original post by sinfonietta
You are his ex. People typically don’t talk much about their exes unless something prompts them to.

But he dated me after her?
Just kind of seems I've read this thread before :rolleyes: He dated her then and he's dating her now, whatever was inbetween that fades into the background, following them around like a stalker expecting some sort of closure sounds a terrible idea.
i met my boyfriend 7 years ago, dated many people in between. it just happens. it’s not to say i didn’t feel for those people but it just took me and him a while before it clicked and everything fell into place. he’s my soulmate, definitely, and whilst my past relationships aren’t completely gone they aren’t my priority. it happens!

plus, if someone asked me infront of my boyfriend how we met etc, i’d be holding onto him in admiration too. and i’d definitely call him my soulmate and so forth infront of him. what would i do? turn and go through my list of past relationships and explain how that led me to him? or say ‘it was him from the very start’ which is the truth.

it’s time to move on! that mutual friend is mutual and they can’t choose sides.
Reply 11
Post break up it common for people to treat their ex badly, despite previous proclamation of undying love. Even doing unnecessary things in the exes presence to rub it in. Not really sure why this happens but the best way to deal with it is to hold your head high, avoid and ignore it and put energy in to finding someone better. In my experience new and better love does come.
Original post by Anonymous
i met my boyfriend 7 years ago, dated many people in between. it just happens. it’s not to say i didn’t feel for those people but it just took me and him a while before it clicked and everything fell into place. he’s my soulmate, definitely, and whilst my past relationships aren’t completely gone they aren’t my priority. it happens!

plus, if someone asked me infront of my boyfriend how we met etc, i’d be holding onto him in admiration too. and i’d definitely call him my soulmate and so forth infront of him. what would i do? turn and go through my list of past relationships and explain how that led me to him? or say ‘it was him from the very start’ which is the truth.

it’s time to move on! that mutual friend is mutual and they can’t choose sides.

I'm saying this because he dated me after he had issues with her. So why erase me when our relationship was 1 year and then we broke up and they gradually reconciled together
He’s not getting back with you.
honestly? he has no obligation to you anymore. you’re not together. that’s not your man.

he dated you after he had issues with her and now he’s back with her. that’s all that matters to him now - her. you were together for a year and when you broke up he spoke to her. honestly this is all sounding pretty self explanatory.

move on
Original post by Anonymous
honestly? he has no obligation to you anymore. you’re not together. that’s not your man.

he dated you after he had issues with her and now he’s back with her. that’s all that matters to him now - her. you were together for a year and when you broke up he spoke to her. honestly this is all sounding pretty self explanatory.

move on

What's self explanatory?
Move on and cut him off
Reply 17
Just because you keep talking about your ex on here doesn't mean he has to talk about you. He's moved on and you aren't significant to him now. The sex and meeting families bit wasn't enough to keep you together and he's found something and someone else that attracts him.
Original post by Surnia
Just because you keep talking about your ex on here doesn't mean he has to talk about you. He's moved on and you aren't significant to him now. The sex and meeting families bit wasn't enough to keep you together and he's found something and someone else that attracts him.

But that someone else was out of his mind when he dated me?
You can’t have been that active either yesterday if you were spying on them all day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending