The Student Room Group

crush at uni

ive got a crush on a dude from uni but he has a girlfriend and i have a boyfriend. the thing is, i respect both of our relationships but honestly i think it's possible to be happier.

i suspect he has a thing for me too but is trying to keep it to one person at a time because whenever i come into lectures he keeps following me with his eyes and he looks at me sometimes etc. idk i might just be overthinking it but my hunch is usually right. how do i start talking to him to be his friend without seeming like a weirdo
Honestly, you know, if he has a girlfriend and you are currently in a relationship you need to let this go. He may look at you, he may find you attractive, you may think he's good-looking but all this is is a crush. You don't actually know him. Do you really want to risk your relationship on a hunch. You don't know that this guy is a fit for you because you don't know him.
If you want to get to know him better then come up with a reason to ask him a question - perhaps about something happening in the course you take together. Other than that I can't really think of a casual reason you'd go strike up a conversation with him.
But, until you hear he no longer has a girlfriend and you've moved on from your own then I suggest you just look at him from afar and keep your feelings to yourself. Sorry - my opinion.
Original post by Anonymous
ive got a crush on a dude from uni but he has a girlfriend and i have a boyfriend. the thing is, i respect both of our relationships but honestly i think it's possible to be happier.

i suspect he has a thing for me too but is trying to keep it to one person at a time because whenever i come into lectures he keeps following me with his eyes and he looks at me sometimes etc. idk i might just be overthinking it but my hunch is usually right. how do i start talking to him to be his friend without seeming like a weirdo

Gotta take your leap of faith
Reply 3
Original post by Hopefully1
Honestly, you know, if he has a girlfriend and you are currently in a relationship you need to let this go. He may look at you, he may find you attractive, you may think he's good-looking but all this is is a crush. You don't actually know him. Do you really want to risk your relationship on a hunch. You don't know that this guy is a fit for you because you don't know him.
If you want to get to know him better then come up with a reason to ask him a question - perhaps about something happening in the course you take together. Other than that I can't really think of a casual reason you'd go strike up a conversation with him.
But, until you hear he no longer has a girlfriend and you've moved on from your own then I suggest you just look at him from afar and keep your feelings to yourself. Sorry - my opinion.

i agree and this is the thing, i respect both of our relationships not to do anything about it but admire him from a distance. i really do want to get to know him though and maybe just be friends to figure out if i'm actually attracted to him or not. however, i'll only be doing that after i leave my relationship because i'm clearly not feeling it enough if i'm considering wanting to see other people and it's not fair on anyone to stay. i'll just try to ask him about the course if the opportunity arises and otherwise leave him alone
thanks for your reply x

Original post by MechDoge
Gotta take your leap of faith

only with friendship for now
don’t try to mess with his relationship just because you have an inkling. break up with the person you’re dating for both of your sakes. if this guy approaches you, fair enough, but its gross to become friends with him with the intention of possibly infiltrating his relationship which he may be perfectly happy in. remember that there is still another person involved here
Original post by Anonymous
don’t try to mess with his relationship just because you have an inkling. break up with the person you’re dating for both of your sakes. if this guy approaches you, fair enough, but its gross to become friends with him with the intention of possibly infiltrating his relationship which he may be perfectly happy in. remember that there is still another person involved here

THIS! Your relationship, your rules. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending