The Student Room Group

Nottingham Vet School Prelim 2020

Hello,

I thought I would start a new threat regarding the Preliminary year at Nottingham vet school as I’m sure like myself many people have more questions than answers!

Are there any existing Nottingham Vet students on this thread who have completed the prelim year and could share their experience please?

Any additional info would be great.

I have received an offer and am eager to get started now - good luck to those still waiting to hear from offers :smile:

Georgia
Reply 1
Hey. I received a call on friday but missed it. Hopefully that is good news and they will call me back lmao. But congrats. I’m pretty excited 🥳
Reply 2
Original post by Naava
Hey. I received a call on friday but missed it. Hopefully that is good news and they will call me back lmao. But congrats. I’m pretty excited 🥳

Hey, yes that will deffo be an offer then 😁 fingers crossed for you - is notts your first choice and is that for prelim?
Reply 3
Original post by gcnfx
Hey, yes that will deffo be an offer then 😁 fingers crossed for you - is notts your first choice and is that for prelim?

Yeh it is for prelim. I’m kind of stuck between nottingham and RVC though so I’m gonna wait for all my offers I think. Is notts your first choice and have you heard from your other choices. I applied for HK and RVC 👍🏻
Reply 4
Original post by Naava
Yeh it is for prelim. I’m kind of stuck between nottingham and RVC though so I’m gonna wait for all my offers I think. Is notts your first choice and have you heard from your other choices. I applied for HK and RVC 👍🏻

Ah cool :smile: notts is my first choice yes, I have an offer from HK and think I’m on hold for Bristol gateway as heard nothing from them yet... good luck with your offers
Reply 5
Original post by gcnfx
Ah cool :smile: notts is my first choice yes, I have an offer from HK and think I’m on hold for Bristol gateway as heard nothing from them yet... good luck with your offers

yeh I’m stilling waiting for HK. Although I won’t be super upset if I don’t get an offer from them. I would say good luck but you have your fave vet school already. So hopefully I’ll see you there! 👍🏻
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Naava
yeh I’m stilling waiting for HK. Although I won’t be super upset if I don’t get an offer from them. I would say good luck but you have your fave vet school already. So hopefully I’ll see you there! 👍🏻

Just wish they would update ucas so I know the conditions of the offer! I’m sure you’ll be fine :biggrin: thank you x
Has anyone spoken to students already on the course about how long it took for Nottingham to call them with an offer? I honestly couldn't read my interviewers at allll so I have no idea if I have a chance of getting in or not! I just want to know sooner rather than later aaahhh :frown:
Hi I got an offer for the prelim 2020 on the 16th. It hasn't come through on UCAS yet but it will be unconditional as I am on a gap year and I intend to firm it. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by louisvbird
Hi I got an offer for the prelim 2020 on the 16th. It hasn't come through on UCAS yet but it will be unconditional as I am on a gap year and I intend to firm it. :smile:

congrats 🥳
Original post by Naava
congrats 🥳

Thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 11

Congratulations:smile:
Reply 12
Does anyone know how long it will take for ucas to be updated?
Original post by gcnfx
Congratulations:smile:

Thank you!
Original post by gcnfx
Does anyone know how long it will take for ucas to be updated?

I got told up to two weeks x
Reply 15
I got told up to two weeks x

Reply 16
Hey guys do we do any EMS in the prelim year?
Original post by gcnfx

Yess! By far! :biggrin:
Original post by Naava
Hey guys do we do any EMS in the prelim year?

I don't think you'd have to, but if we are able to then it would be wise to do some so that we have less to do in the future.
Reply 19
Yess! By far! :biggrin:

Excellent, same here :smile:

Quick Reply