The Student Room Group

I really need help!!!!!!!! *Biology*

Please could anyone help me with what the labels would be for the image below??!?

Scroll to see replies

abcdefg.PNG
Reply 2
So it wants you to label the parts of a plant cell.

A would be the cell wall
B is the cytoplasm
As for C, I have no idea. Sorry.
Reply 3
C is mitochondria I think
Pretty sure C are amyloplasts or lysosome
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Is ur question GCSE or a level? Cos if its a GCSE question, it wouldn't be lysomes
Original post by Alex423
Is ur question GCSE or a level? Cos if its a GCSE question, it wouldn't be lysomes

GCSE
Reply 7
A = Cell Wall
B = Cytoplasm
C = Starch granules (i think) - not lysosome (as its membrane bound), not mitochondria (wrong shape & waaay too big)
Reply 8
Original post by app_
A = Cell Wall
B = Cytoplasm
C = Starch granules (i think) - not lysosome (as its membrane bound), not mitochondria (wrong shape & waaay too big)

Yep, just looked that up, I agree with starch grains
Ahhhh fair enough. Could it not be chloroplast then as even at gcse level you’d need to know that chloroplasts are ONLY found in plant cells and not animal cells.
Reply 10
There aren't that many chloroplasts in a plant cell
Reply 11
(If you look at all the diagrams for GCSE)
Reply 12
But maybe, idk
Original post by Alex423
There aren't that many chloroplasts in a plant cell

I didn’t read it was a potato. Potatoes don’t have chloroplasts.
Reply 14
oh, fairs
Thankyou all so much for helping!!
Reply 16
So its probs gonna be starch thing then
Just tell your teacher it’s an awful drawing. 😉

When I labelled the stages of mitosis in an assignment different to someone else in my class, our tutor said as long as we could back up out argument to her for it being what we thought, then we would get that mark. Probably wouldn’t work in an exam though.
I'm not sure if anyone will reply but I have another question its biology related - I was given the definition 'small food molecules are used to build large molecules' and I had to find the name of the process does anyone here know what it could be? I searched online and found nothing
Reply 19
Original post by Kakakaty
I'm not sure if anyone will reply but I have another question its biology related - I was given the definition 'small food molecules are used to build large molecules' and I had to find the name of the process does anyone here know what it could be? I searched online and found nothing

Anabolic metabolism is the general term for producing larger molecules from smaller ones.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending