Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Ive just go low self esteem and its really not good for me. I have got it because all my life ive had people critising me or doubting me and its just lowerd my self esteem. For example when I was school I really wanted to get an aprentiship at this car dealership as a mechanic but in year 11 about december 2016 I got told realistically Im not going to get the aprentiship by staff at school and they were right I did not acheive the gcses the company needed but It just ruined my cofidence because I did worry about not being able to get it but in my head I thought ill get on it somehow like they might allow me with no gcses since I had did work experiace at the place which I really liked and I was like Im going to working here next year it will be mint the pay was good as well but no. Im 18 now still at college on this course that I dont like at all and do I get paid of course I dont. Staff at college sometimes be negative about me and I dont like the staff also students are negative sometimes as well. Its just sucks so much that Im on this course and not the aprentiship it is a massive step down a well paid aprentiship to some rubbish college course that I hate. People at school were just like Im not going to get it and they were right I didnt. Also being a car mechanic was my dream career since I was young maybe even since nusery because I have had the love for cars since I was 3 years and still love cars now. I can remember being picked up for nursery in a 3dr vw polo coz it was a hire car while our vw bora had an oil leak and I mustve been about 3 then . I can remember quit a bit about cars from when I was very young. So ive being declined from my dream career. Its also Ilike cars so much but Ive failed to be able drive a manual car because I just struggled badly with 2 instructors but now Im in an automatic learning which is going better. I dont mind passing in an auto coz most cars are avalile in it. Its just though I just have tried hard with things but got next to nothing out of it like my gcses I tried hard to get I used to go to after school clubs and before school clubs to get my grades higher but after the staff told me im not going to make it I just stopped. I tried so hard in a manual car but no failed to do it. I can struggle with the smallest things like just a simple task sometimes. Its just I failed to do a manual car, failed gcses, failing at college because i hate it, failed to get the aprentiship etc. I just dont know what Im good at we discuss it at college ofte and when they come to me im just thinking wtf am i good at for a solid 5 mins. Im just proper scared for my future as well because im 18 im getting older, I have no job no driving licence no gcses so I feel like my future will be a disaster. Im just not motivated to get a job and im not motivated with college I have had days when I just thought **** going in then they sent a letter home warning me about my attendance so had to start going in the full days. Its just so **** and I just get anxious some days.

Any advice? But be nice please do make me feel worse
Blueclueless
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Think of the college like a stepping stone. You don’t have to like it it’ll just be something to boost you and get you somewhere.

Apply to things even if you’re not sure you’ll get it!! It’s the confidence that makes you stand out to potential employers

Some people will put you down and lose faith in you but are the teachers going to be there your whole life? No. Are those students going to be with you your whole life? NO THEY WONT BE

YOU will be with YOU your whole life and while you might not like it now you’re going places! I can tell you have one hella good drive and you’re going to go places!!

When teachers tell you “you won’t be able to do this” just reply with “well I’m going to try anyway!” This mindset will get you places and don’t give up!!
Blueclueless
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ive just go low self esteem and its really not good for me. I have got it because all my life ive had people critising me or doubting me and its just lowerd my self esteem. For example when I was school I really wanted to get an aprentiship at this car dealership as a mechanic but in year 11 about december 2016 I got told realistically Im not going to get the aprentiship by staff at school and they were right I did not acheive the gcses the company needed but It just ruined my cofidence because I did worry about not being able to get it but in my head I thought ill get on it somehow like they might allow me with no gcses since I had did work experiace at the place which I really liked and I was like Im going to working here next year it will be mint the pay was good as well but no. Im 18 now still at college on this course that I dont like at all and do I get paid of course I dont. Staff at college sometimes be negative about me and I dont like the staff also students are negative sometimes as well. Its just sucks so much that Im on this course and not the aprentiship it is a massive step down a well paid aprentiship to some rubbish college course that I hate. People at school were just like Im not going to get it and they were right I didnt. Also being a car mechanic was my dream career since I was young maybe even since nusery because I have had the love for cars since I was 3 years and still love cars now. I can remember being picked up for nursery in a 3dr vw polo coz it was a hire car while our vw bora had an oil leak and I mustve been about 3 then . I can remember quit a bit about cars from when I was very young. So ive being declined from my dream career. Its also Ilike cars so much but Ive failed to be able drive a manual car because I just struggled badly with 2 instructors but now Im in an automatic learning which is going better. I dont mind passing in an auto coz most cars are avalile in it. Its just though I just have tried hard with things but got next to nothing out of it like my gcses I tried hard to get I used to go to after school clubs and before school clubs to get my grades higher but after the staff told me im not going to make it I just stopped. I tried so hard in a manual car but no failed to do it. I can struggle with the smallest things like just a simple task sometimes. Its just I failed to do a manual car, failed gcses, failing at college because i hate it, failed to get the aprentiship etc. I just dont know what Im good at we discuss it at college ofte and when they come to me im just thinking wtf am i good at for a solid 5 mins. Im just proper scared for my future as well because im 18 im getting older, I have no job no driving licence no gcses so I feel like my future will be a disaster. Im just not motivated to get a job and im not motivated with college I have had days when I just thought **** going in then they sent a letter home warning me about my attendance so had to start going in the full days. Its just so **** and I just get anxious some days.

Any advice? But be nice please do make me feel worse

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE
Anonymous #1
I have had tons of times when i just try but get nothing from it though
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Blueclueless)
Think of the college like a stepping stone. You don’t have to like it it’ll just be something to boost you and get you somewhere.

Apply to things even if you’re not sure you’ll get it!! It’s the confidence that makes you stand out to potential employers

Some people will put you down and lose faith in you but are the teachers going to be there your whole life? No. Are those students going to be with you your whole life? NO THEY WONT BE

YOU will be with YOU your whole life and while you might not like it now you’re going places! I can tell you have one hella good drive and you’re going to go places!!

When teachers tell you “you won’t be able to do this” just reply with “well I’m going to try anyway!” This mindset will get you places and don’t give up!!
I just had the mindset in the past for things like the apretiship but look where that went. Im not going to be at college with these people but I could end up somewhere worse with worse people or somewhere the same
Blueclueless
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I just had the mindset in the past for things like the apretiship but look where that went. Im not going to be at college with these people but I could end up somewhere worse with worse people or somewhere the same
Yes but that’s a “could be” it’s a possibility. You can’t let a few “no’s” get in the way of your drive! I get that is super discouraging but don’t give up!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.68%
No (648)
65.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed