The Student Room Group

Approaching a crush

Ok so basically I've had a crush for a while but she is in the year group below so i've never had an opportunity to talk her, especially when she seems to be very quiet most of the time? I am in yr 13 btw

It ended up that she didn't go to our schools 6th form after last year but I do occasionally see her around the town. However the only problem is, how do I approach her? Like I feel like it would be weird for some random guy who she's never spoken to, to approach her in the middle of town trying become friends in some way.

I know I could start off by saying hey and introducing myself but at the same time I feel even that is too forward, is there anything I can do to ease into the conversation better? All the much worse bc I don't think people who are more quiet or closed off would react in such a conforming way and I really don't want to mess this up.

Any help is appreciated please and thank you :smile:))
I think I'd understand what common links the two of you have (same subject? same class? same whatever) and utilize that to your advantage.

Perhaps you may consider talking to a person who is a friend of her's and if they're a mutual friend to go and ascertain if she may be interested or has someone else in mind.

I'd be straightforward and somewhat honest but I understand that too straight could be misinterpreted. It is fair to say you may have to avoid being direct. Perhaps you could find yourself in a situation where you may help her out and use that to become friends if not acquainted.

I'd guess once you are friends with her, you can slowly suggest the idea of a date over time.
What I used to do would be to follow them on insta and find common friends and then talk to them about our common mate!
Reply 3
Original post by Volkerbund1933
I think I'd understand what common links the two of you have (same subject? same class? same whatever) and utilize that to your advantage.

Perhaps you may consider talking to a person who is a friend of her's and if they're a mutual friend to go and ascertain if she may be interested or has someone else in mind.

I'd be straightforward and somewhat honest but I understand that too straight could be misinterpreted. It is fair to say you may have to avoid being direct. Perhaps you could find yourself in a situation where you may help her out and use that to become friends if not acquainted.

I'd guess once you are friends with her, you can slowly suggest the idea of a date over time.

Ya this would be helpful except I know literally nothing about her lmao. I have only seen her talk to a few people and definitely no one in my year probably knows her; and like I said she doesn't go to my school anymore so I don't think I'll be able to find much useful situations to get to know her as u suggested.

Her appearance is quite noticeably different from a lot of people tho, I feel like I may be able to compliment her in that regard at least? since I like her style a lot so perhaps that's the best way to get through. And yeah my goal is to at least get acquainted for now

Thanks for your time btw
Reply 4
Original post by dylan_mcgowann
What I used to do would be to follow them on insta and find common friends and then talk to them about our common mate!

lowkey wishing that I run into her insta on my explore feed sometimes ngl lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending