The Student Room Group

university advice

hi so I'm so stressed
I have no clue what uni to go to, I've got offers from roehampton, Winchester, teeside, Kingston, and I've got an interview for Essex all to study psychology
but I need some advice to what university will be best, I'd appreciate any information and advice about any of them please help
thanks
Well, in terms of league table success for Psychology this is how it looks for 2019/20
Essex - 38th (TEF Gold)
Teeside - 50th (TEF Silver)
Roehampton - 65th (TEF Silver)
Kingston -97th (TEF Bronze)
Winchester - 100th (TEF Silver)

So I guess it depends on whether you want to go for student experience over academic results.
Reply 2
thanks that's helpful. I'm kind of just looking at overall at the minute and seeing what the best do different aspects are ☺️
Campus or city? London on smaller cities (Winchester)? Commute? These are some other questions you need to ask yourself rather than just the league tables.
I'll be living on campus no matter what for the first year ☺️
Original post by fryea013.313
I'll be living on campus no matter what for the first year ☺️

yes but what I meant is some universities are unis based in cities (like Kingston). They are spread over the city not one big area like some other places (can't comment for the other unis you applied to, but worth a further look if you don't like the idea of everything spread around :smile: )
Tbh I think at undergrad level it doesn't have a massive impact. Just go to open days, talk to current student and form your own opinion. As long as you like it.
ohhh okay I get what you mean I'll look and see what each are. thank you 🥰
Original post by Captain.boaty
Tbh I think at undergrad level it doesn't have a massive impact. Just go to open days, talk to current student and form your own opinion. As long as you like it.

yeah I've booked some open days and I'm just gonna try and figure it out ☺️
Hey! I'm at Roehampton studying psychology and absolutely loving it. The psychology department truly cares about the students and go out of their way to assist in any way they can. There are three campuses but they are all within walking distance so no need to commuting around between lectures, plus psychology students stay on one campus and only go to the others for the gym, library etc. The library is incredible and it's super easy to explore London. Honestly couldn't recommend it enough.Try not to worry for first year. Go where you'll be happiest.Just thought I'd share my experience of Roehampton so far.
Original post by rainbow9825
Hey! I'm at Roehampton studying psychology and absolutely loving it. The psychology department truly cares about the students and go out of their way to assist in any way they can. There are three campuses but they are all within walking distance so no need to commuting around between lectures, plus psychology students stay on one campus and only go to the others for the gym, library etc. The library is incredible and it's super easy to explore London. Honestly couldn't recommend it enough.Try not to worry for first year. Go where you'll be happiest.Just thought I'd share my experience of Roehampton so far.

thank you so much that's really helpful ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest