University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Congratulations!! :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Hey! I’m a gap year student who’s got an unconditional too:smile:)
Original post by Kiki2809
Hey! I’m a gap year student who’s got an unconditional too:smile:)

I’d like to be able to get in contact with some of the offer holders! Need to make a group chat or something similar 👍🏼
Reply 4
I’m a home student with an offer :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Olivia.H
I’m a home student with an offer :smile:

Congrats! How was your interview and when was it.
Reply 6
Any other home students with an offer here?
Original post by odgt15

me!
Original post by odgt15

Me
Reply 9
Is anyone applying to University of London accommodation rather than UCL itself? I’m not sure which to apply for
Reply 10
I'm a home student offer holder too! :biggrin:
Original post by Olivia.H
Is anyone applying to University of London accommodation rather than UCL itself? I’m not sure which to apply for

ucl accommodation might be closer to the campus? so i think i’m going to apply for that but idk which is better
Original post by odgt15

Yep I am :smile:
Reply 13
Im not sure what to think of UCL (even though I'm really pleased to be offered a place). The course seems really academic (even for medicine), but good: with the opportunity to study under top doctors in top Uk hospitals. But.... I've heard that the social side isn't so great, because of the cost of everything in London putting restrictions on how good of a night out you can have and there not being much of a 'community feel' at the uni. What do you guys think about it?
Original post by odgt15
Im not sure what to think of UCL (even though I'm really pleased to be offered a place). The course seems really academic (even for medicine), but good: with the opportunity to study under top doctors in top Uk hospitals. But.... I've heard that the social side isn't so great, because of the cost of everything in London putting restrictions on how good of a night out you can have and there not being much of a 'community feel' at the uni. What do you guys think about it?

I really like the course - the course structure was the only thing I considered when applying. I'm not that familiar with the university at large, so I can't really say whether there is much of a community feel, but for me (being quite introverted) the most important thing would just be find a group of close friends whose company I really enjoy which might make the overall lack of community feeling matter a lot less. That's just me though.
Student loans are higher for those schooling in London, but Idk how far that will go to minimise the expense of living there. I guess we'll just have to be bit more prudent with our money. I would imagine you can still have nights out, but perhaps at the expense of grabbing a meal out here and there . Clubbing has never really appealed to me personally though, so it's not really a big concern for me. Overall, I'm quite excited to move to London and start this new chapter!

I'm sure @Jtohunt will be able to shed more light :smile:
Has anyone got an invite to an offer holder day? I received an offer about a week ago but still haven't received any information about it
Reply 16
Why firm ucl?
Original post by H2! HO!
Why firm ucl?

You get to do dissection, you will have clinical placements in some of the leading hospitals in the UK (you might have seen the signs about proton beam therapy when you went for your interview!) a good variety of iBsc options, living in a vibrant city with loads to do (but that may not be to everyone's preference), you can take student selected components in non medical areas such as languages and humanities, the diverse community in London may allow you to see less common conditions.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 18
anyone started to look at accommodation yet?
Original post by dlwldP
anyone started to look at accommodation yet?

yup i’m about to send my application

Latest

Trending

Trending