The Student Room Group

A-level Edexcel History Study and Revision Group

Hi everyone,

This is the main thread for anyone studying Edexcel History. All are welcome to join.

What are your options for your history course?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by aarnat
Hi everyone,

This is the main thread for anyone studying Edexcel History. All are welcome to join.

@Evil Homer @Puddles the Monkey
Have added this to the list now and moved the thread to the History forum :smile: Thankyou for starting it!!
Reply 4
Original post by Evil Homer
Have added this to the list now and moved the thread to the History forum :smile: Thankyou for starting it!!

No worries!
Original post by aarnat
Hi everyone,

I'm doing option H I believe ( can't remember off the top of my head"
Its Britain transformed 1918-1979 & US History 1920-55
Hi im doing Mao's China, Russia Lenin-Yeltsin and Protest, agitation and parliamentary reform :smile:
Hey :smile:

I'm doing Russia - Lenin-Yeltsin, Mao’s China & Lancastrians, Yorkists and Henry VII
Reply 8
Original post by ben_golding45
I'm doing option H I believe ( can't remember off the top of my head"
Its Britain transformed 1918-1979 & US History 1920-55

i’m doing this too! could you pm me? (please don’t feel obligated to) i could do with the support LMAO x
Reply 9
also now we’re all here could we exchange essays perhaps (band 5 essays) i have a few i could share too!
Reply 10
Hi guys!

I'm doing (not sure on the exact names lol)
- The rise and fall of the british empire
- Germany 1918-1989
- Fascism in Italy
Reply 11
How much revision is everyone doing at the moment? I'm starting to struggle a bit with the amount of content and finding history is taking over my other subjects :/
Original post by r3320
i’m doing this too! could you pm me? (please don’t feel obligated to) i could do with the support LMAO x

Messaged x
Reply 13
Original post by ConnieStudies
Hi im doing Mao's China, Russia Lenin-Yeltsin and Protest, agitation and parliamentary reform :smile:

I'm doing the same papers as you 😂
Reply 14
How are we feeling about our history A-level coming up? I am petrified at the moment, I am really worried I won't learn all the content in time for the exam or my exam technique won't improve in time.
Original post by aarnat
I'm doing the same papers as you 😂

That's cool what's your predicted grade? :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by aarnat
How are we feeling about our history A-level coming up? I am petrified at the moment, I am really worried I won't learn all the content in time for the exam or my exam technique won't improve in time.

i’m not so much worried about the content, i’m extremely worried about exam technique though! i feel as though essays are just hit or miss :frown:
Hi
im doing britain 1625-1701
Russian revolution 1894-1924
Civil rights and USA 1850-2009

How would i establish a valid criteria and can anyone give any examples
Thanks
Hello,
I'm doing

Germany 1918-1989
Fascism in Italy
Rebellion and Disorder under Tudors
Reply 19
hey, i have a quick question.

so i have finally (after writing about 30 essays this past half term) figured out essay technique!

BUT, i have problems comprehending the questions. it sounds really silly but in the exam i look at the question and it’s as if the words all jumble together and the sentence says ‘how far do you agree that dhakanawjwjjshsbqwsjja djsjaoak’

that’s literally what i see lmfao.

any tips on how to decode and break down questions? x

my english teachers always say to unpick the terms but in history it’s always a bit different because sometimes you’re weighing two factors against each other or sometimes you’re weighing a factor from post ww2 against one post ww1 and the timelines get a bit hazy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending