The Student Room Group

eminem-thoughts?

lots of contorversy and different opinions so wondering what you think of the guy
Personally I think his voice is nice to listen to and the man can sure rap. Pretty cocky in his songs and some of the recent ones not really a fan of though. Always been controversial in his songs (recently that line about the Ariana grande concert and mentioning columbine in Rap God) so just part of his brand really
(edited 4 years ago)
Big fan of the crunchy ones, think the peanut ones are hugely overrated.
I like his older albums more than the recent stuff but that’s probs due to nostalgia. He’s always been controversial without apology so it amuses me that people still take offence. That’s his whole brand
My friend was at the Manchester attack (thankfully was okay) and he is sickened by the lyric. I just think its in extremely poor taste and there really was no need to say that, I don't care if he's known for being outrageous, there's some things that are just a bridge too far..
Reply 5
Not as good as everyone pegs him to be

Remember him getting destroyed by some Project Blowed boys on tv in the 90s
Reply 6
Absolute goat.
Foul mouthed and seems to enjoy generating an outraged reaction.
Even to the point of including disgusting lyrics and bomb noises about the Manchester Arena terrorist attack in 'Unaccommodating'.
Washed up and his career success is based on his race. Dunno how anyone could compare Eminem to legends like Biggie and Big L.
Reply 9
Original post by clovercake
My friend was at the Manchester attack (thankfully was okay) and he is sickened by the lyric. I just think its in extremely poor taste and there really was no need to say that, I don't care if he's known for being outrageous, there's some things that are just a bridge too far..

Mad to me that he has talked about shooting up schools, executing gays, murdering his wife and this is what people are upset about.
Original post by ai 2001
lots of contorversy and different opinions so wondering what you think of the guy

I like Will Smiths diplomatic response when he was asked about him in an interview some years ago.

Interviewer:- "So what are your thoughts on Eminem?"

Will Smith:- "I think he's a very talented lyricist... I would have said nicer things about him if he hadn't dissed me. Next question?"
Original post by gjd800
Mad to me that he has talked about shooting up schools, executing gays, murdering his wife and this is what people are upset about.

Oh yeah, I do agree with you. I don't know why everyone is angry over that lyric, what about the other stuff he's written? Some of it is even worse.
He's always kept controversial to keep relevant :dontknow:
He'd be just like any other phased out rapper if he wasn't controversial.
I haven't really listened to an awful lot of his music but I like that he acknowledged that he was never respected like he wanted to be in the hip hop scene because although he wanted to appeal to hip hop fans, he was attracting suburban white kids instead and lost credibility. I think this is similar to the UK drill scene as although the artists are about everything they talk about and express that through their music, it's always suburban school children hyping their music up and gassing them up like it's nothing serious, almost making their music seem like a joke lmao I rather not hear them make the same azzwipe "got put in a spliff" jokes for 4 weeks straight

Quick Reply

Latest