The Student Room Group

Yu-Gi-Oh! Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vikingninja
@quasa

We got pirate reveal and rocks in SESL. Pirate has potential though the rocks are already insane looking.

adamatia (the rocks one) looks great (particuarly the level 8, which seems like a retrain of shooting star). If your able to spam multiple tuners to the field with a synchro monster present, you can essentially gg the opposition with red supernova dragon (which imo is the most OP monster released in the last 30 days - 4000atk / 3000 def, cannot be destroyed by your opponents effects, one per turn, it can negate battle / monster effect and banishes all your opponents cards on the field and returns to field during your next end phase).

nice to see konami supporting synchros again :smile:

pirate patrol is a bit of a weird one for me. I can see a lot of people playing them but adamatia seems more appealing for me (I can see people creating cyrstron adamatia or synchron adamatia decks with junk converter synchron and speeder in the mains or sides). If people are really out there, they could possibly make an adamatia blackwing deck but blackwing decks tend to be a bit xenophobic imo (minus the steam tuner)
Original post by quasa
adamatia (the rocks one) looks great (particuarly the level 8, which seems like a retrain of shooting star). If your able to spam multiple tuners to the field with a synchro monster present, you can essentially gg the opposition with red supernova dragon (which imo is the most OP monster released in the last 30 days - 4000atk / 3000 def, cannot be destroyed by your opponents effects, one per turn, it can negate battle / monster effect and banishes all your opponents cards on the field and returns to field during your next end phase).

nice to see konami supporting synchros again :smile:

pirate patrol is a bit of a weird one for me. I can see a lot of people playing them but adamatia seems more appealing for me (I can see people creating cyrstron adamatia or synchron adamatia decks with junk converter synchron and speeder in the mains or sides). If people are really out there, they could possibly make an adamatia blackwing deck but blackwing decks tend to be a bit xenophobic imo (minus the steam tuner)

Plunder patroll has potential its currently affected by being a tcg exclusive so little support. The level 8 adamatia is an absolutely insane monster, also I'm trying with stuff like koa'ki meiru overload to summon off of the tuners. Opening 2 of the tuners easily leads to several disruptions.
new tcg banlist is out and it seems a lot of peoples predictions were correct:

Newly Forbidden:
Orcust Harp Horror
Thunder Dragon Colossus
Heavymetalfoes Electrumite
Ib the World Chalice Justiciar
Tempest Magician
Outer Entity Azathot
Salamangreat Miragestallio
Brilliant Fusion
Sky Striker Mobilize Engage!

Newly Limited:
Danger! Nessie!
Dinowrestler Pankratops
Servant of Endymion
True King Lithosagym, the Disaster
Card of Demise
Dragonic Diagram
Into the Void
Pot of Avarice
Sekka’s Light
Red Reboot

Newly Semi-Limited:
Deep Sea Diva
Tour Guide From the Underworld
Mind Control

Newly Unlimited:
Dark Armed Dragon
Lady Debug
Morphing Jar #2
Performage Damage Juggler
Tribe-Infecting Virus
Sky Striker Ace Kagari
Book of Moon
The Phantom Knights’ Rank-Up-Magic Launch
Solemn Warning
Soul Drain

whilst its annoying to see red reboot and mind control become somewhat limited, im happy engage, colossus, harp horror, azazoth are banned, dragonic diagram, servant and sekka are now limited and that soul drain, lady debug and solem warning are now unlimited (also will get to finally use damage juggler in a pendulum deck)
Original post by quasa
new tcg banlist is out and it seems a lot of peoples predictions were correct:

Newly Forbidden:
Orcust Harp Horror
Thunder Dragon Colossus
Heavymetalfoes Electrumite
Ib the World Chalice Justiciar
Tempest Magician
Outer Entity Azathot
Salamangreat Miragestallio
Brilliant Fusion
Sky Striker Mobilize Engage!

Newly Limited:
Danger! Nessie!
Dinowrestler Pankratops
Servant of Endymion
True King Lithosagym, the Disaster
Card of Demise
Dragonic Diagram
Into the Void
Pot of Avarice
Sekka’s Light
Red Reboot

Newly Semi-Limited:
Deep Sea Diva
Tour Guide From the Underworld
Mind Control

Newly Unlimited:
Dark Armed Dragon
Lady Debug
Morphing Jar #2
Performage Damage Juggler
Tribe-Infecting Virus
Sky Striker Ace Kagari
Book of Moon
The Phantom Knights’ Rank-Up-Magic Launch
Solemn Warning
Soul Drain

whilst its annoying to see red reboot and mind control become somewhat limited, im happy engage, colossus, harp horror, azazoth are banned, dragonic diagram, servant and sekka are now limited and that soul drain, lady debug and solem warning are now unlimited (also will get to finally use damage juggler in a pendulum deck)

I honestly wanted a reset list but thought it would be really minor. Reboot I get because of the upcoming lightning storm and its what I call a "opponents are optional" card. Really glad BA is improved in all this I might buy IRL though might be too costly.
Are there actually people who are into Yu-Gi-Oh?.. I swear this didn’t ever takeoff though...
Original post by ThuggerThugger
Are there actually people who are into Yu-Gi-Oh?.. I swear this didn’t ever takeoff though...

Mostly just me and quasa here.

Mostly just me and quasa here.

in fairness, i havent played the game irl since 2010/2011 and havent collected any cards irl since the end fo 5ds. but i did get back into playing it online a couple of years ago (good form of stress relief / mental stimulation that doesnt involve physical activity or being alert for some idiot player shooting at you / trying to ram you off the road)
Original post by quasa
in fairness, i havent played the game irl since 2010/2011 and havent collected any cards irl since the end fo 5ds. but i did get back into playing it online a couple of years ago (good form of stress relief / mental stimulation that doesnt involve physical activity or being alert for some idiot player shooting at you / trying to ram you off the road)

For me it's been online for like 3 years but I'm getting into IRL.

yeah YGO is pretty big. Regionals by mine capped at 74 players and reached that. Sadly didn't go cause my mates bailed
but yeah there's like hundred people tournaments regularly.
Considering mr5 is out in 2 months, what deck do you see being strong ans which do you see becoming weak?
Original post by Yukikobestgirl
yeah YGO is pretty big. Regionals by mine capped at 74 players and reached that. Sadly didn't go cause my mates bailed
but yeah there's like hundred people tournaments regularly.

Dusseldorf 5 when.

Original post by quasa
Considering mr5 is out in 2 months, what deck do you see being strong ans which do you see becoming weak?

Spyral lul, I don't really see it changing at all because existing synchro and xyz focused decks aren't that great even with the changes. Lunalight is the go to rank 4 deck which is already good. Rank 8 may be able to do draglubion jazz.
Dusseldorf 5 when.

Spyral lul, I don't really see it changing at all because existing synchro and xyz focused decks aren't that great even with the changes. Lunalight is the go to rank 4 deck which is already good. Rank 8 may be able to do draglubion jazz.

i reckon fluffals may see a lot more play. Those are a real nuissance to deal with andhave a lot of protection and OTK/FTK potential. lunalights I agree may see more prominance but I also see cyber dragon decks and the odd danklaw deck see play (danklaw = hero + toad hybrid deck). Orcust may still be prominent, unless they ban the link or dingirisu (in which case bye bye). Dangers I reckon might go the way of dragon rulers but will still see competitive play.

thunderdragons are a bit of a weird one as collosus is banned. altergeist could possibly be the new top tier deck, with sky strikers and salads losing prominence.
Original post by quasa
i reckon fluffals may see a lot more play. Those are a real nuissance to deal with andhave a lot of protection and OTK/FTK potential. lunalights I agree may see more prominance but I also see cyber dragon decks and the odd danklaw deck see play (danklaw = hero + toad hybrid deck). Orcust may still be prominent, unless they ban the link or dingirisu (in which case bye bye). Dangers I reckon might go the way of dragon rulers but will still see competitive play.

thunderdragons are a bit of a weird one as collosus is banned. altergeist could possibly be the new top tier deck, with sky strikers and salads losing prominence.

Spyral will remain the top deck if not hit, their success at the pro play tour was insane, sky striker has already lost its relevancy.

Quick Reply

Latest