The Student Room Group

Why do I only look good naked?

TW body issues
What the question says. When I’m wearing very minimal clothing, like my underwear or a bikini (or nothing lol) I think I look pretty decent (not amazing at all, but pretty decent). I’m not toned but I’m in shape, I have quite a nicely built frame with slim curves, and a natural tan. However, when I put clothes on, it’s a completely different situation! Not only does my figure suddenly look blobby and disproportionate (legs stumpy, waist wide etc.), but my whole FACE looks uglier, I can’t put my finger on it but it’s like the shape of my face is distorted, by skin looks washed out, I look tireder, and I generally just look a lot worse than I do without clothes on. I figure I must be dressing really poorly for my body shape and colourings but if this is the case I have no idea how to resolve this, I’ve tried looking online and nothing seems to help. I know this is a shallow thread to make but I’m not acting like it’s the end of the world, just a bit annoying to be honest. Anyone have any idea of what the issue is and how I can stop making myself look dreadful every day?
I know I'm a boy but every girl I know who suffers from body dismorphia just wears oversized hoodies and snug jeans, typically dark colours! I know it's not much but I hope it helps.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
TW body issues
What the question says. When I’m wearing very minimal clothing, like my underwear or a bikini (or nothing lol) I think I look pretty decent (not amazing at all, but pretty decent). I’m not toned but I’m in shape, I have quite a nicely built frame with slim curves, and a natural tan. However, when I put clothes on, it’s a completely different situation! Not only does my figure suddenly look blobby and disproportionate (legs stumpy, waist wide etc.), but my whole FACE looks uglier, I can’t put my finger on it but it’s like the shape of my face is distorted, by skin looks washed out, I look tireder, and I generally just look a lot worse than I do without clothes on. I figure I must be dressing really poorly for my body shape and colourings but if this is the case I have no idea how to resolve this, I’ve tried looking online and nothing seems to help. I know this is a shallow thread to make but I’m not acting like it’s the end of the world, just a bit annoying to be honest. Anyone have any idea of what the issue is and how I can stop making myself look dreadful every day?

Instead of just looking online, is there a friend who has a similar body shape to you whose clothes you like and could adapt for you? And what have you got in your wardrobe that does suit you and you can build around? Otherwise it's a case of trying things on in shops, because there's so many different styles to gradually work your way through. Think about trousers; high waist, low rise, skinny, bootcut, straight leg etc. You don't have to buy, but maybe take a family member or friends with you whose judgement you will trust to work out what suits.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
TW body issues

I don't believe you.

Post pics.
haha literally same. when i'm wearing clothes - doesn't matter what - i look fat and have often been told that anything and everything that i wear makes me look chunky/fat/bulky yet when i'm in a bikini or underwear they are always shocked when they see my body and always say I can't believe thats what your actual body looks like because you always look fat in clothing

then there are people who are the opposite, look great clothed and not so great naked. just how the world is i guess. no idea why but i guess its better to look good naked than clothed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending