The Student Room Group

Bad chemistry with girls?

A boy and 2 girls. First girl was his gf for 1 year. The 2nd one is the current gf.

Scenario with girl 1 (2018)

The girl (student activist) and 3 other friends organized a 20 minute event which includes talks by workers and an academic outside campus. Boyfriend is in the audience of 10-15 people.

The workers are french and so is the girl. For a few minutes, the girl stands on the stage translating what the workers are saying.
Then she heads back to the audience with the other 3 friends.

However, she does not go to stand with her boyfriend even once. She stands away from him and he doesnt stand next to her either. Hes watching or standing with other people and she does it separately.

When the talks are over, everyone is shaking hands with them, and the boyfriend gives a really brief hug and kiss on cheek which he does with every female friend he meets. No talk nothing. She goes away inside and he simply follows her around.

2nd scenario with girl 2 (2020)

Another situation - Same guy and same event this year but different girl.

The girl isnt organising but shes with him and they both stand next to each other. They talk in between and then the guy goes to give a short speech on stage.
Then comes back and stands next to her and she puts her hand on his back saying how well he spoke etc.

In this case, which relationship seems to lack chemistry? With girl 2?

Scroll to see replies

normally people say girl 1 cos she doesn't talk to him at all. she might have been organising but that doesnt really give her an excuse to not even hug her bf. Girl 2 on the other hand acctually congratulates and hugs him and all.
However, I think girl 1 has more chemistry cos they both do not communicate at all when people are around them so they clearly keep their relationship conscise and hidden. With girl 2 tho, she's very expressive and only congratulates him in front of other.
Reply 2
Original post by UnknowNAlegend
normally people say girl 1 cos she doesn't talk to him at all. she might have been organising but that doesnt really give her an excuse to not even hug her bf. Girl 2 on the other hand acctually congratulates and hugs him and all.
However, I think girl 1 has more chemistry cos they both do not communicate at all when people are around them so they clearly keep their relationship conscise and hidden. With girl 2 tho, she's very expressive and only congratulates him in front of other.

Not really. 1 relationship is not private. They posted pictures of each other on whatsapp and facebook so everyone knew .

Girl 2 isnt friends with anyone hes friends with so unless he tells them, they wouldnt know.
Passing judgement on an entire relationship based on one extremely specific scenario seems like a bad idea to me.
Reply 4
How do I post thee? Let me count the ways.

Just because you are girl 1 don't convince yourself there is chemistry; it's with girl 2 because of the interaction and the faCT that he is with her. Stop obsessing over your ex and MOVE ON!
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia
How do I post thee? Let me count the ways.

Just because you are girl 1 don't convince yourself there is chemistry; it's with girl 2 because of the interaction and the faCT that he is with her. Stop obsessing over your ex and MOVE ON!

We had chemistry or no ?
Reply 6
Chemistry is with girl 2, not girl 1 with whom there is no meaningful interaction in the above scenario. Why does it matter? Your ex HAS A NEW GIRLFRIEND. ACCEPT IT AND MOVE ON.
Reply 7
Original post by Surnia
Chemistry is with girl 2, not girl 1 with whom there is no meaningful interaction in the above scenario. Why does it matter? Your ex HAS A NEW GIRLFRIEND. ACCEPT IT AND MOVE ON.

So you think we had a shallow meaningless relationship for 1 year?
Reply 8
Since when does 't-h-e a-b-o-v-e s-c-e-n-a-r-i-o' spell 'relationship'?
Reply 9
Original post by Surnia
Since when does 't-h-e a-b-o-v-e s-c-e-n-a-r-i-o' spell 'relationship'?

But that's how we were. Majority of the times, he would go to uni and do his thing and I wouldnt or we simply did things by ourselves.
Except when we went out then we took pics, kissed etc
Reply 10
But it wasn't enough to keep you together and he feels comfortable with public displays of affection with girl 2. Why did you split up?
Original post by Surnia
But it wasn't enough to keep you together and he feels comfortable with public displays of affection with girl 2. Why did you split up?

We share our pics on social media like WhatsApp and Facebook. So everyone knew.
Reply 12
Photos can be superficial and from anytime and not a true reflection of a relationship at a given moment.

Why did you split up? You avoid that question.
Original post by Surnia
Photos can be superficial and from anytime and not a true reflection of a relationship at a given moment.

We had arguments and neither of us wanted to listen. I'm arrogant and so is he. So I simply decided to put an end to it.
Original post by Surnia

How are photos superficial
Reply 15
They don't always show what is really going on. People can pose and look happy in a photo when they are anything but.
Original post by Surnia
They don't always show what is really going on. People can pose and look happy in a photo when they are anything but.

But why would an unhappy person put up pics on whatsapp/facebook?
This explains the incessant anon posting, I suppose.
Reply 18
Because they're showing off and trying to make their life look better than it is. It's attention-seeking, like constantly posting about an ex and his current girlfriend. Why are you so obsessed with them?
Original post by Surnia
Because they're showing off and trying to make their life look better than it is. It's attention-seeking, like constantly posting about an ex and his current girlfriend. Why are you so obsessed with them?

But if he was so unhappy he wouldnt take pics in the first place let alone put them up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending