The Student Room Group

GSK apprenticeship 2020 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Markianb12
did u apply for business and supply chain degree apprenticeship at Brentford

No

I applied for laboratory science biology apprenticeship at the Stevenage site
Reply 21
Well, got rejected from GSK, I had a good feeling about it. But, I have applied to many other places as well. Best of luck!
which stage did u get rejected at
Reply 23
After the video interview, before the assessment centre.
No response from my one yet
guys I know we all applied to degree apprenticeship knowing the benefits aswell as the things we will have to give up. I know degree apprenticeship are gonna be intense and we even thou we are expected to work 40 hours a week we realistically are gonna work like 50 hours and the workload is probably gonna be intense. but unfortunately I do not know anyone who has done it before and want to know the extent to how intense it is like will we still be able to relax once a while and go chill in the weekends or visit your mates in thier unis
guys I know we all applied to degree apprenticeship knowing the benefits aswell as the things we will have to give up. I know degree apprenticeship are gonna be intense and we even thou we are expected to work 40 hours a week we realistically are gonna work like 50 hours and the workload is probably gonna be intense. but unfortunately I do not know anyone who has done it before and want to know the extent to how intense it is like will we still be able to relax once a while and go chill in the weekends or visit your mates in thier unis

I’ve had work experience with GSK and they were really trying to encourage us to join the apprenticeship programme.

Your weekly schedule is a bit like this (according to what the apprentices told me):

- 4 days a week you work at GSK
- 1 day a week (Friday usually) is dedicated for study
- Weekends are off

And during the working days it’s 7.5hours working hours per week (if I remember correctly) and it is flexihours which means you can come to work at whatever time you want as long as you get the tasks done.

It should be like university. Some say it’s harder because you have to learn everything through online but you can ask your colleagues, mentor and leader for help. Some say it is easier because you are learning the same content but over a longer period of time 4.5 years instead of the usual 3 years. Technically speaking you can split your studying over 5 days rather than squashing it all on Friday so it will allow your life to be more balanced. Weekends are generally off for party and all sorts.

Most apprentices get between £300-400 per week. You get different employee benefits such as a cheap gym membership onsite, buy one get one free shares and I believe they offer private healthcare aswell. All of this and not to mention the reputable GSK name.
I just checked my application status and it says 'recruiter review'. I'm so impatient. I wonder how many applicants they have for it to be taking so long. Received the email saying they're still reviewing my application about a week ago. Has anyone else heard anything?
man lucky, I got rejected yesturday
let me know if u get into the assessment center
let me know if u get into the assessment center

Which GSK location did you apply for? I applied for Stevenage
London Brentford
London Brentford

I think London locations reply fast. I actually am in contact with a GSK apprentice I don't know which location she is based in but she told me she got a reply two weeks before the assessment centre event however she told me this year they're speeding the process up a bit
but I got rejected man. I personally thought I did pretty well
Reply 34

Don't let the rejection put you down. I have applied to many other locations that I believe will be successful. Just look around to find other opportunities. Some haven't even open up yet - so you still have time.
yeah hopefully. I really want to do an degree apprenticeship

They choose people based on suitability. However sad it may be that you didn't get in, may be it wasn't for you. Look on the plus side, university may be a positive experience for you, you will finish your degree quicker than apprentices so it's not all doom and gloom

Also did you research the company thoroughly linking it to your apprenticeship course? If it's the business apprenticeship you could talk about patents, profits and new drugs. I wanted to do the biology apprenticeship so I talked about their new drugs to treat influenza, 2DR treatment for HIV while also incorporating their values into my answers like patient focus, integrity, transparency etc

Hopefully I covered a range of topics which will help me get in (crossed my fingers lol)
Original post by erwqrw
Don't let the rejection put you down. I have applied to many other locations that I believe will be successful. Just look around to find other opportunities. Some haven't even open up yet - so you still have time.

Which location did you apply for your data science apprenticeship?
I did try doing that but the questions were based on how are you the right person for the job instead of GSK itself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending