The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds Foundation Year Applicants 2020

Hi guys!

I wanted to make a thread for people who, like me, are applying for a foundation year at Leeds in 2020.
When I had a look I mainly found old threads but I could've just been missing them while searching.

I guess this is meant to kick it off so here are some prompts to help us get to know each other:

Which course are you applying to?
Have you heard anything back from Leeds/LLC?
Will it blend?
Are you applying anywhere else?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I should probably answer my own questions too huh.

I'm applying to the Studies in Science Foundation Year which will hopefully go into Electronic and Computer Engineering upon completion. The only thing that prevented me from going onto the degree without a foundation year was having no qualification in maths past GCSE which was a shame.

I applied in October and not heard anything so far.

I have applied to Kent and Cardiff met. So far Kent has sent me an unconditional offer.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Applying to the Accounting and Finance course through the Business Studies foundation year, which actually turns out to be 2 years long then you could start the course in Year 2. I have an interview at LLC tomorrow and hopefully all goes well!Applied to Manchester Met, Huddersfield (both conditional) and LBU (unconditional). If anyone is doing a foundation year at Leeds, is it possible to live in halls at the same time?
Original post by nuggits
Applying to the Accounting and Finance course through the Business Studies foundation year, which actually turns out to be 2 years long then you could start the course in Year 2. I have an interview at LLC tomorrow and hopefully all goes well!Applied to Manchester Met, Huddersfield (both conditional) and LBU (unconditional). If anyone is doing a foundation year at Leeds, is it possible to live in halls at the same time?

I hope your interview went well.
When I spoke to the LLC on the phone they said that you can get accommodation the same as if you were going straight on to a degree.
May I ask when you applied and did you get a confirmation email through?
Reply 4
Original post by Thunder Duck
I hope your interview went well.
When I spoke to the LLC on the phone they said that you can get accommodation the same as if you were going straight on to a degree.
May I ask when you applied and did you get a confirmation email through?

My interview went well - I hope, just waiting for LLC to give me an offer fingers crossed i get it. I sent my application 9/11/19 and received and invite for an interview 10/12/19, however there was some complications so you might receive an invite sooner. I also asked about accommodation and they told me that i can stay there in my first year so you are treated the same as a regular student.
I applied for Interdisciplinary Science for Foundation year with Computer Science, got rejected predicted BBB.
feels bad man... I really wanted to go to Leeds Idk what to do anymore
Reply 6
Original post by unexpecteduk
I applied for Interdisciplinary Science for Foundation year with Computer Science, got rejected predicted BBB.
feels bad man... I really wanted to go to Leeds Idk what to do anymore

I was reject off my interview and Leeds was my top choice. Oh well :frown:
Damn guys. I'm sorry to hear you didn't get on your courses.
I hope all goes well with your other applications.
What’s the selection day/interview like? Did anyone have to take the maths exam too?
I applied for studies in science but still haven't heard back.
Should I be worried?
Original post by tehillah101
I applied for studies in science but still haven't heard back.
Should I be worried?

I have not heard back either for the same course. I have spoken to the LLC and emailed the leader of the course with general questions a couple times and they have said not to worry if it takes a while.
Reply 11
Hi!
I'm applying for the interdisciplinary science course as I didn't take the right A-levels to do a biology degree. I haven't heard back from them yet. I've also applied to durham, sheffield hallam and Lincoln for similar courses but more biomed focused.
Original post by Mjay01
Hi!
I'm applying for the interdisciplinary science course as I didn't take the right A-levels to do a biology degree. I haven't heard back from them yet. I've also applied to durham, sheffield hallam and Lincoln for similar courses but more biomed focused.

Hi @Mjay01,

Good luck with your application! Let me know if you have any questions about student life in Sheffield or studying at Hallam :smile:
- Ella
I heard back about my application today and have a phone interview soon.

Anyone else had any updates?
Hi, has anyone done the maths test for interdisciplinary sciences with a foundation year course?
Was it hard ? What kind of content is included
I’m applying for the interdisciplinary science course hoping to go into dentistry, any tips ?
Original post by nuggits
I was reject off my interview and Leeds was my top choice. Oh well :frown:

How was the interview what type of questions did they ask
Reply 17
Hi, I have my interview for business studies with a foundation year & was wondering what the interview questions were like? My pathway is business management with marketing. :smile:
I think I might want to take the Chinese and Japanese BA... I'm predicted a BBC and I'm also about to start an art BTEC. (Long story, but the explanation is here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6832282&p=92642328)

I could potentially take the humanities foundation year (because of my low grades and BTECs aren't accepted as an entry requirement), but I don't meet any of the criteria despite the fact that I come from a low income household and I'd be a first generation uni student in my family!

Do you think there's a still a chance that I could get onto the course (preferably without the foundation year)...
Hi, I recently got an offer from the University of Leeds foundation year. I wanted to know when is the deadline to accept this offer. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest