The Student Room Group

University degree choices

Hi, I was wondering what people's opinions are on a Business Degree vs an Economics and Politics Degree? I am currently studying Maths, Economics and English (predicted A*A*A). My top two unis are Bath and Durham, although I probably prefer Bath because it does two six-month placements.

I prefer the sound of the business course, but I'm worried that it is less impressive than Economics and Politics/is regarded as a weaker degree, and I don't want to limit my career opportunities later. What are your thoughts? Any views would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
where are you getting your information from that economics and politics sounds more impressive?
Reply 2
Original post by Joleee
where are you getting your information from that economics and politics sounds more impressive?

I mentioned to various people (mainly friends) that I was thinking of switching to business (as I have applied to Economics and Politics/ a variation of PPE and most people I have spoken to have told me that they think business is a less impressive degree and that I should be aiming higher, but I want to see if this is actually the case before I dismiss it as an option.
Original post by bellafrewer
I mentioned to various people (mainly friends) that I was thinking of switching to business (as I have applied to Economics and Politics/ a variation of PPE and most people I have spoken to have told me that they think business is a less impressive degree and that I should be aiming higher, but I want to see if this is actually the case before I dismiss it as an option.

I would suggest you speak to employers if you want the answer to this rather than your pre-university friends.

The most impressive degree is the one that you enjoy and get the best result possible from while having the interest and motivation to get involved with all the opportunities available outside your studies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending