I got an E in Maths
I got a D in Bio
I got a D in Chem
I need at the end of A levels at least a C in Bio
a B in Maths
a B in Chem
I don't think I can even make it
Every Chemistry Test I have gotten not even a single BLOODDY C
Bio I fluctuate but get E's a lot (one time a U)
For Maths I got C twice in two years
I keep getting E's and D's
I feel like I am gonna fail
I feel demotivated
I can't succeed
I got no friends to revise with
PLZZZZZZZZZZZ HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ruhab Dabeer
I am in Y2
I absolutley got thrashed in the mocks
I do Maths Chem and Bio
I got an E in Maths
I got a D in Bio
I got a D in Chem
a B in Maths
a B in Chem
I feel demotivated
I can't succeed

I’m in year 12 so I don’t know how much help I’m going to be but I’m currently getting As in maths and chemistry and Cs in Biology

My main tip for maths is practice questions and if you find yourself getting stuck it’s best to ask your teacher what to do next any try and go from there, if you’re still getting stuck it might be worth getting your teacher to reexplain the topic to you

For chemistry it depends what part you’re struggling with but it’s generally that people don’t understand the knowledge behind the questions they’re answering so would recommend asking your teacher again

For biology I’m not the best at it but I find answering practice question helps as it’s usually the application that gets people stuck
Original post by xlauren_clark
I’m in year 12 so I don’t know how much help I’m going to be but I’m currently getting As in maths and chemistry and Cs in Biology

My main tip for maths is practice questions and if you find yourself getting stuck it’s best to ask your teacher what to do next any try and go from there, if you’re still getting stuck it might be worth getting your teacher to reexplain the topic to you

For chemistry it depends what part you’re struggling with but it’s generally that people don’t understand the knowledge behind the questions they’re answering so would recommend asking your teacher again

For biology I’m not the best at it but I find answering practice question helps as it’s usually the application that gets people stuck

I don't know how to do even do good in Maths
Like I screw up in every test
Man I am gonna fail life
Reply 3
What are you doing to revise?
Reply 4
I can help you with the chemistry questions that you answered incorrectly and I'm sure others can help with the maths and biology. Practice more questions of the topics you answered incorrectly, and reflect on your revision techniques. What aspects of your revision weren't effective or didn't help you do you think?

Did you just revise content or was the majority of your revision spent doing useful practice questions?
(edited 4 years ago)
hello
Reply 6
Original post by sumaya.mahad
hello

it's me
mw and my friend living in aberdeen have justt finished our mocks chemistry paper 2 was horrendous but we move
I am in Y2
I do Maths Chem and Bio
I got an E in Maths
I got a D in Bio
I got a D in Chem
a B in Maths
a B in Chem
I feel demotivated
I can't succeed

No you won't @Sir Cumference and @Muttley79 (for maths) and @Pigster (for chem) might be able to help but yeah bro man's getting U-E's too (I am in year 12 and want C's in my may mocks and A-B's for the final and an A* for French)
Original post by Deggs_14
it's me

jjkkjk
I don't know how to do even do good in Maths
Like I screw up in every test
Man I am gonna fail life

Same bro I need to stop procrastinating, stop think about my future (something which UK schools shove down your throat) and focus on A-levels I NEED A's
I am in Y2
I do Maths Chem and Bio
I got an E in Maths
I got a D in Bio
I got a D in Chem
a B in Maths
a B in Chem
I feel demotivated
I can't succeed

it me
I'm not joking when I say this: failing is really, really useful. You were just given tonnes of valuable information.
1) See about getting your test papers back and look at what questions you got wrong and write their topics down. This would mean for maths things like algebra or volume. This is your list of revision subjects.
2) See about getting your hands on more past papers, so you can continue to get this same feedback.
3) Take this on the chin, and see how useful it is.
You now know, for a fact, where you have issues academically. You know what to spend your time now focusing on for revision. Get that list of topics ASAP. Not everyone gets a bullet pointed list of what they need to revise to get a better grade, but you just did.
Wishing you the best
Reply 13
The key question is: why did you get the grades you did? How much time, energy and effort went into preparing for your mocks? If you are honest about this then you can begin to plan the next few months. Revision is not revision unless it is answering past questions - everything else is preparation for revision. How did your timing go? did you spend enough time on each section etc? can I ask why you are aiming for BBC if you have never got anywhere near this on class tests when you are only being assessed on a small part of the course and do not have to learn it all? take your mocks and colour code each topic green for know well, yellow know a little, red have no real knowledge. Mocks are often a wake up call to change something about how you are studying. Revision for the summer exams can start today. Can you arrange extra time one to one t go over your paper with your teachers?
Original post by JUG UK
. Revision is not revision unless it is answering past questions - everything else is preparation for revision.

Strongly disagree with this point doing past paper questions is NOT useless especially if you're doing S.T.E.M like the OP is. For subjects like maths it's almost impossible to improve your grade buy simply taking notes and watching educational videos, you need to do tons of practice papers. For Bio and Chem memorise the markscheme (after) and content (before) attempting the exam questions etc
I am in Y2
I do Maths Chem and Bio
I got an E in Maths
I got a D in Bio
I got a D in Chem
a B in Maths
a B in Chem
I feel demotivated
I can't succeed

We're here to help - some great websites out there too.

Try: https://www.drfrostmaths.com/sow.php?year=A%20Level%202017&term=Main
Original post by Deggs_14
I can help you with the chemistry questions that you answered incorrectly and I'm sure others can help with the maths and biology. Practice more questions of the topics you answered incorrectly, and reflect on your revision techniques. What aspects of your revision weren't effective or didn't help you do you think?

Did you just revise content or was the majority of your revision spent doing useful practice questions?

I am very very very lazy in doing revision techniques
I most of the time am so lazy
Original post by 1st superstar
Same bro I need to stop procrastinating, stop think about my future (something which UK schools shove down your throat) and focus on A-levels I NEED A's

I need B's to be safe
I need BBC to be safe
Any less than that
That's my life ended

Same
Reply 19