The Student Room Group

IAL M1 2020 Jan

How did everyone find it? I think it was ludicrously difficult. Couldn’t really do any of them. I was thinking if we can kinda check our answers here so we can know if we got any of them right. Ideas? For example I got 5/4 for the tan beta one and 1.56m for the distance travelled by A for the last one.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by retardeadness
How did everyone find it? I think it was ludicrously difficult. Couldn’t really do any of them. I was thinking if we can kinda check our answers here so we can know if we got any of them right. Ideas? For example I got 5/4 for the tan beta one and 1.56m for the distance travelled by A for the last one.

I hope grade boundaries will be low
i got 1.56m for the A distance too but i got tan B as 3.75
and for the time between particle Q is released and the other one reaches its maximum height i got U/G and for where they meet i got they meet at point o cuz i got displacement as 0
and for H I got U^2/2G
and i got W in the moments Question as 120N
it was kinda hard to be honest; hope grade boundaries are low
Reply 7
idk but i got 1.5(u/g) for the time the particles meet
Reply 8
almost all of my questions were incomplete :frown: I had no time to think.

Original post by retardeadness

yea I got the same answer.
Reply 9
Original post by odinson

how on earth did u do it? i tried doing it in the last five min and my brain just stopped working..i left it blank
Original post by : ).
almost all of my questions were incomplete :frown: I had no time to think.

yea I got the same answer.

what did u get for the tan B one
Original post by Alaa_Abdelhamid
and for the time between particle Q is released and the other one reaches its maximum height i got U/G and for where they meet i got they meet at point o cuz i got displacement as 0

hows that possible? i got the point where they meet as U²/8G
Original post by odinson

i got time as u/2g
Original post by 21stylish

cuz it said where do they meet it would say write it in terms of u and g as the other questions, but it didnt
Reply 14

I'm not sure but I think it's the same as yours.
cuz it said where do they meet it would say write it in terms of u and g as the other questions, but it didnt

isn't it obvious that the answer would be in u and G bc the whole question was done in that format?
isn't it obvious that the answer would be in u and G bc the whole question was done in that format?

idk when i substituted the stuff i got s=0
idk when i substituted the stuff i got s=0

one equation was s=gt²/2
the other was s=ut/2 -gt²/2

you equate both to get the time where they collide and then substitute into the equations and u get u²/8g

me too:smile:

i got 5/12 but innital had 1.2

Quick Reply

Latest