The Student Room Group

Relationship

My boyfriend is cheating on me with my friend what should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Do the same. Also what is he doing? Because some things aren't really classed as cheating, like kissing. Full sex is probably cheating though but if you havent put rules in place beforehand your kinda partly at fault
Original post by ajibade49

U should break up with him and get revenge.
Not really her fault at all
Break up with him if he’s not willing to commit to your relationship or he’s willing to do stuff with another girl, without considering you.
Original post by Anonymous
Not really her fault at all

Well alright not for the cheating part but some people have different rules. If he doesn't know what those rules are or she hasn't said what she classes as cheating then how is he supposed to know
Confront him about it, and see what he says. Then break up, because girl you deserve better
End it.

To me it's a no brainer. Once a cheat always a cheat, ditch him.
Reply 9
break up with him, and don't talk to the "friend", who arguably isn't a true friend if they are hooking up with your bf knowingly. Don't get revenge or do the same as other posters suggest, it's not worth it and would just make things a 100x worse than they already are, also you'll come out of it as a better person for just breaking up with your bf and friend.
Original post by Karisa96
To me it's a no brainer. Once a cheat always a cheat, ditch him.

That's not always the case and quite closed minded to think like that. Everyone deserves a 2nd chance
I respect your point of view.
Original post by sinfonietta
End it.

there’s nothing else to it but this. don’t retaliate, don’t scream and shout. end the relationship and the friendship and move onwards

Both your boyfriend and and your friend have committed an act of disloyalty and have proven themselves inferior. Like any investment of no value (these are simply emotional investments), write them off.
I've been in this situation, I stayed with him and it's one of the biggest regrets. End the relationship, you deserve so much better
How is kissing not counted as cheating?! My ex kissed another girl and it hurt just as much as if he'd slept with her...
The hell are you on about 😂
If he even kisses another girl that means he's not being faithful, so basically cheating.
Original post by Mehru1214
The hell are you on about 😂
If he even kisses another girl that means he's not being faithful, so basically cheating.

Depends on what you class as cheating. And everyone classes it differently. The op didn't say what it was he had done specifically. And what about when people get drunk and kiss others? Not that this is what's happened but you just said kissing. Everyone makes a mistake and op should not just throw it away for that.
If it's sex that's different then but even then people have different rules. I'd say if op didn't want to break up, then just do the same as the bf because that's where the bar has been set.
Some people are really uptight. It's good to be in a relationship but you can't expect everyone to find it easy to only kiss or have sex with that 1 person and no one else.
lol sure
Original post by Anonymous
How is kissing not counted as cheating?! My ex kissed another girl and it hurt just as much as if he'd slept with her...

Because sometimes it doesn't mean anything, like if the person is drunk or it was just a 1 time thing. Full sex can be classed as cheating, but again when people are drunk it's different, but stuff like kissing or flirting is fine

Quick Reply