Maya1627
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Guys I want to do A level edexcel biology and I'm ok with that but I want to do 2 As level how is it possible to do 2 As math😭 hope someone can help
PetitePanda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
wdym? could you clarify it more? Like any information that would be helpful?
Maya1627
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
wdym? could you clarify it more? Like any information that would be helpful?
So the university I want to go requires at least 1 A level with 2AS , and for A level I want to do biology but I am not sure how I can do 2 AS math , like how can I divide it? If it's still not clear please let me know! ( also thanks for trying to help)
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Maya1627)
So the university I want to go requires at least 1 A level with 2AS , and for A level I want to do biology but I am not sure how I can do 2 AS math , like how can I divide it? If it's still not clear please let me know! ( also thanks for trying to help)
Which university and which course? Sounds very unusual.
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’ve never heard of a course that require this. Is it a foundation course? If you do maths then drop it in year 2, you’ll only get 1 AS - it’s much better continuing in my opinion for another a level. Could you give me the link to the uni and the course you want to do?
Maya1627
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
Which university and which course? Sounds very unusual.
It's really all about that I want to do AS math beside AL bio so at least if I didn't get a good score to a medical school I would have a second option as engineering instead. Is it clear?
Maya1627
Rep:
?
I’ve never heard of a course that require this. Is it a foundation course? If you do maths then drop it in year 2, you’ll only get 1 AS - it’s much better continuing in my opinion for another a level. Could you give me the link to the uni and the course you want to do?
Like I wanna do only Alevel biology but at the same time I'm afraid if I didn't get a good score to enter medicine I wouldn't have a second option to do engineering as I have not done any As or Al math is there anything I can do about it?
_Mia101
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It's really all about that I want to do AS math beside AL bio so at least if I didn't get a good score to a medical school I would have a second option as engineering instead. Is it clear?
No medical school afaik will accept an applicant onto their course with only 1 A-level. In fact, I believe it will lead to an automatic rejection. Also, if you want to do medicine and something else, pick something else. A career in medicine is like a lifestyle and is a real commitment.

ecolier
Last edited by _Mia101; 2 months ago
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Like I wanna do only Alevel biology but at the same time I'm afraid if I didn't get a good score to enter medicine I wouldn't have a second option to do engineering as I have not done any As or Al math is there anything I can do about it?
To do any undergraduate courses, all unis need an offer of 3 A level grades - no as levels unless you apply for foundation. I don’t know how you got this information you only need 1 alevel and 2 added. It’s beneficial for you to also do chemistry because some medical schools require chemistry for it so your options are more varied. If you want a second option to do engineering, you will need A Level maths, not AS maths, and physics - although there are some that are flexible in the subject requirements but very few. You can’t just do a level biology by itself because that’s not enough. You also need to do UCAT test for medicine as well. Could you go into further detail what your problems or concerns are because it’s difficult to understand what you are trying to say? Sorry
Maya1627
Rep:
?
(Original post by _Mia101)
No medical school afaik will accept an applicant onto their course with only 1 A-level. In fact, I believe it will lead to an automatic rejection. Also, if you want to do medicine and something else, pick something else. A career in medicine is like a lifestyle and is a real commitment.

ecolier
Alright. Thanks alotttt!!!
Maya1627
Rep:
?
To do any undergraduate courses, all unis need an offer of 3 A level grades - no as levels unless you apply for foundation. I don’t know how you got this information you only need 1 alevel and 2 added. It’s beneficial for you to also do chemistry because some medical schools require chemistry for it so your options are more varied. If you want a second option to do engineering, you will need A Level maths, not AS maths, and physics - although there are some that are flexible in the subject requirements but very few. You can’t just do a level biology by itself because that’s not enough. You also need to do UCAT test for medicine as well. Could you go into further detail what your problems or concerns are because it’s difficult to understand what you are trying to say? Sorry
Ohhh now I got what ur tryna say now and it makes alot more sense to me now. I really do appreciate ur time and help alottt!! Thanks again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (126)
29.44%
No (302)
70.56%

Watched Threads