The Student Room Group

Girls what do you want us guys to say on tinder?

Single guys to single girls on tinder. If we say hi how's it going you have every right to unmatch our boring arses. But if we are firing pickup line after pickup line after funny joke and girls still aren't responding what do we say. Just asking because I've had tinder a while now and very rarely does a girl respond to my pickup lines but when they do they say it was hilarious. I'm an attractive guy, but tinder is nothing like the real world. My friends have the same problem. Or do girls get tinder with the intention to not chat just swipe? Just curious as it's frustrating lol
I mean i can’t speak for everyone but when i use tinder it’s just so i can quickly find a hookup lol. Usually when someone starts with a pick up line i find it cringy and i don’t reply/ if i do i’ll say something like “Seriously?!” (this was in relation to someone starting the conversation by asking me to sit on their face :/ ) i have no problem with chatting to people as long as we’re both clear it’s a hookup so idk maybe it’s your pick up lines bro
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I mean i can’t speak for everyone but when i use tinder it’s just so i can quickly find a hookup lol. Usually when someone starts with a pick up line i find it cringy and i don’t reply/ if i do i’ll say something like “Seriously?!” (this was in relation to someone starting the conversation by asking me to sit on their face :/ ) i have no problem with chatting to people as long as we’re both clear it’s a hookup so idk maybe it’s your pick up lines bro

Hookup? Can I match with you please lol. You're a rare type on tinder a lot of girls say if you're here for a hookup swipe left or move along or something. Don't thing it's the pickup lines I think most girls just use it as a game of smash or pass with no real intention of having any online interaction in chatting or real life interaction in one night stands or dating. You girls have it easy on tinder we guys have it a lot harder. And once again any guy that matches with you is lucky and they'll know how lucky they are considering how rare it is for a girl to actually want to meet up with their matches let alone **** them.
Hookup? Can I match with you please lol. You're a rare type on tinder a lot of girls say if you're here for a hookup swipe left or move along or something. Don't thing it's the pickup lines I think most girls just use it as a game of smash or pass with no real intention of having any online interaction in chatting or real life interaction in one night stands or dating. You girls have it easy on tinder we guys have it a lot harder. And once again any guy that matches with you is lucky and they'll know how lucky they are considering how rare it is for a girl to actually want to meet up with their matches let alone **** them.

haha really?? i thought tinder was literally a hookup app and all the stuff about people finding real “love” on their was just BS from the developers to get people to use it. Huh. And i agree you guys have it a lot harder but i’d say make it clear on your profile what your looking for? Unless you have already? I’m sure not every girl uses it as just a game :smile:
Reply 4
haha really?? i thought tinder was literally a hookup app and all the stuff about people finding real “love” on their was just BS from the developers to get people to use it. Huh. And i agree you guys have it a lot harder but i’d say make it clear on your profile what your looking for? Unless you have already? I’m sure not every girl uses it as just a game :smile:

If you don't mind me asking how many guys have you hooked up with on tinder? Firstly most girls don't respond and a lot of them state in their bios that they don't want a hookup, and even if they did they probably wouldn't respond to any messages. I wish I matched with girls like you instead of the majority who use it as a game of smash or pass lol
Imagine using Tinder (in 2020)
This was made by LinkedIn gang
Reply 6
Imagine using Tinder (in 2020)
This was made by LinkedIn gang

What? Literally every single person uses tinder in 2020
If you don't mind me asking how many guys have you hooked up with on tinder? Firstly most girls don't respond and a lot of them state in their bios that they don't want a hookup, and even if they did they probably wouldn't respond to any messages. I wish I matched with girls like you instead of the majority who use it as a game of smash or pass lol

i’ve hooked up with 2 guys through tinder but i’ve seen both of them other times after the first time as well. and if they say in their bios they don’t want a hookup then idk why they wouldn’t chat if you matched with them, i can’t say i’ve experienced that in my situation haha. It does say in my bio that i’m here for hookups and usually if i match with someone and they message and i don’t reply it’s either because 1) I’m already talking to someone i think i’m gonna see that night or 2) the message was creepy, or they live too far away, or i just don’t like their profile/appearance as much as someone else’s... tbh there’s a lot of reasons why we wouldn’t reply, but my first reason is usually the one that’s most likely

they’re joking hahaha
Don’t use tinder, be a real man and ask in person.

Less and less are using tinder now actually.
Original post by Greywolftwo
Don’t use tinder, be a real man and ask in person.

Asking the wrong girl for a ons face to face has its risks and can lead to more damage for a guy than just a bruised ego. :biggrin:

Some girls are not interested in hooking up with random guys and view being asked as an insult or being treated like an unpaid prostitute.
I know some women who were looking for a long term relationship not hookup, got asked if they were up for a ons and immediately had a tantrum.
Insults, hysterical yelling, slapping his face, throwing things at him. :eek:
Hookup apps do have their advantages.
Original post by londonmyst
Asking the wrong girl for a ons face to face has its risks and can lead to more damage for a guy than just a bruised ego. :biggrin:

Some girls are not interested in hooking up with random guys and view being asked as an insult or being treated like an unpaid prostitute.
I know some women who were looking for a long term relationship not hookup, got asked if they were up for a ons and immediately had a tantrum.

Unless you're in a nightclub of course and have some alcohol, then girls will shag anything that moves lol
Unless you're in a nightclub of course and have some alcohol, then girls will shag anything that moves lol

No, that's not what I go to nightclubs for. :tongue:
No matter how hot the guys are.
Or even if he's buying sazerac (my favourite vintage cocktail- £500 a glass at The Ritz).
No, that's not what I go to nightclubs for. :tongue:
No matter how hot the guys are.
Or even if he's buying sazerac (my favourite vintage cocktail- £500 a glass at The Ritz).

I’ve had sex with tons of girls I’ve met at nightclubs and even had some try and approach me and dance with me, this initiating meeting each other, I’m attractive though and I have friends who’s aren’t that attractive and still find it easy to pull girls as long as they’re friendly and flirtatious and not rude and forceful. Meanwhile on tinder i have a ton of matches some dead conversations and a lot of no replies how fun. Moral of the story it’s easier to meet women in real life.

Oh, we were talking about hookups?
Single guys to single girls on tinder. If we say hi how's it going you have every right to unmatch our boring arses. But if we are firing pickup line after pickup line after funny joke and girls still aren't responding what do we say. Just asking because I've had tinder a while now and very rarely does a girl respond to my pickup lines but when they do they say it was hilarious. I'm an attractive guy, but tinder is nothing like the real world. My friends have the same problem. Or do girls get tinder with the intention to not chat just swipe? Just curious as it's frustrating lol

Not necessarily on tinder but on other dating apps I’ve found the guys that get my attention the most are ones who appear interested in me as a person; for example, I had a pic up where I was on a small plane in Norway, guys asking questions about that or my future career plans would get a lot more respect from me than ones who just say “hi” or open with “want a shag?” Or something equally vague
i personally know a lot of girls who go on tinder just to swipe for fun and if they happen to find someone you find attractive they might respond. id say establish what you want from it - sounds to me like youre looking for hookups - and put that in your bio. there'll be girls who also want that
tips:
dont be stiff when messaging people, and for your mum's sake dont use any pickup lines. just treat us how you treat everyone else and let the convo flow.
no need to force anything or try too hard to be funny or whatever, that can be wet. insert the cliche be yourself but like your good self lol so no one word responses or any of that if youre interested. just literally text how you normally do, it'll ease so much pressure off.
starting convos with "heyy" is cool because youre leaving the ball in their court if theyre interested and find you attractive. if she finds you attractive she'll respond to a heyy. it's casual enough for strangers to use without seeming desperate or like theyre trying too hard.
if they respond with a hey back or something equally unamusing that's your cue to lead the convo. try to ask something personal about their profile cuz people love talking about themselves. then just roll with it from there i guess
the thing is about online dating apps is it's so easy to lose interest because it's so hard to establish rapport with the person, so ghosting is gonna be a v frequent occurrence that you should be prepared for unfortunately cuz not everyone's gonna give closure and speak up even if you met up with them or whatever.
there are gonna be people who might want to use you, physically or financially, so be careful from that and if youre not enjoying your time or feel something's off always make sure you give your friends your location if youre going on a date (always a public place!!) and a check in time to message them that everything's okay. it might look extra, but please be safe because these are strangers at the end of the day that you know nothing about.
inviting people to where you live on first meetup isnt the smartest idea - one guy did that with me (not off tinder but yeah) and i was worried for myself and kind of surprised. he was safe and nice thankfully but lord it couldve gone so wrong. so dont put yourself, or anyone else, in a situation where they're outside their comfort zone to that extent on a first meetup

so bottom line is just be yourself, be clear with your intentions, and be casual and easygoing and stay wrapped up. goodluck x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending