The Student Room Group

Dating my dads best friends daughter

I've had what u would call a crush on this girl for some time now, but everytime i go to ask her in person or on social media i just think that it would make everything weird. Whenever we're out together i always catch her looking at me and I've also realised her blushing when her sister and her friend were talking about me and i saw all 3 glance over at me out of the corner of my eye. To make this situation even more weird I'm now currently working with her dad, so yeah.....what do u guys think?
What's the issue exactly?
I think you’re overthinking it.

If you like her and she likes you then see where it goes!

If you’re a hard working respectable guy then working with her dad may actually work to your advantage since he’ll know you already! 😁
Original post by Anonymous
I've had what u would call a crush on this girl for some time now, but everytime i go to ask her in person or on social media i just think that it would make everything weird. Whenever we're out together i always catch her looking at me and I've also realised her blushing when her sister and her friend were talking about me and i saw all 3 glance over at me out of the corner of my eye. To make this situation even more weird I'm now currently working with her dad, so yeah.....what do u guys think?

nothing wrong with this?
I don't see the problem
Reply 5
Ok i took a step back from this situation for a while. But then yesterday i saw her and she walked past me, my friend said "i think she's been checking u out quite a bit" so now since that moment all I've been thinking about is this again. I'm gonna have to message her to get this off of my chest lol, but should i ask her father if he's alright with it first or what? I've never been in this situation so it seems awkward but I'm probably thinking its more awkward than it actually is.
Original post by Anonymous
Ok i took a step back from this situation for a while. But then yesterday i saw her and she walked past me, my friend said "i think she's been checking u out quite a bit" so now since that moment all I've been thinking about is this again. I'm gonna have to message her to get this off of my chest lol, but should i ask her father if he's alright with it first or what? I've never been in this situation so it seems awkward but I'm probably thinking its more awkward than it actually is.

I wouldn't risk starting a relationship with the son of my employer.
Too much risk of being left in an unpleasant situation if things go wrong with the relationship and the father starts interfering/turning nasty at work.
The fact that your father and her father are friends, only adds additional risk to getting romantically involved with the daughter.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by londonmyst
I wouldn't risk starting a relationship with the son of my employer.
Too much risk of being left in an unpleasant situation if things go wrong with the relationship and the father starts interfering/turning nasty at work.
The fact that you father and her father are friends, only adds additional risk to getting romantically involved with the daughter.

he works WITH her father not FOR.. So he isn't his employer.
Reply 8
Original post by Zain_Ahmed
he works WITH her father not FOR.. So he isn't his employer.

Yep. Surely just getting to know her wouldn't damage the working relationship or anything. I doubt he'd change his attitude towards me, fail or not. He's been young before so he knows what these things are like.
Reply 9
I was about to ask her today about the other day but she was on the phone lol. Straight up gonna ask her if she was checking me out and if we can get to know eachother better. If i did ask her though and she said "no I'm not checking u out" then that's gonna make things awkward at work with her father and me. Seems like I'm gonna have to take the risk of knowing the truth on this one.
So we've been messaging eachother for a few days but it's been kind of limited i guess because we're both kind of busy. The first message i sent her she responded to like 4 or 5 hours after (which i don't mind at all) and she was tryna explain why she was so late at responding as if I'd be mad or something lol. Anyways her responses are definitely filled with enthusiasm however i probably get one on average about every 7 hours, is this a case of her not really using the app or is it something else i wonder?
Reply 11
Update?

Latest

Trending

Trending