The Student Room Group

Medicine vs Aerospace engineering

Medicine vs Aerospace engineering
Which is harder?
Reply 1
I assume medicine tbh, dont have exp on that doh
Reply 2
Both have challenging parts. Why do you want to know?
Original post by 0le
Both have challenging parts. Why do you want to know?

A lot of people say Aerospace is really hard and I wanted to know on what difficulty is Aerospace really hard by comparing it to medicine which people assume to be very hard.
Being a doctor is harder than being an aerospace engineer, as you are constantly in stressful situations and the job is physically and emotionally draining.
"Harder" by what metric? Medicine is challenging because it's a very long degree, and you need to learn a huge amount of material, however I've never seen a medicine student (current or former) indicate the material itself is unduly difficult - just the sheer volume of it.

If you are good at maths and motivating yourself for a course which can often become somewhat mundane, and where it can sometimes be hard to see the forest for the trees, engineering isn't enormously difficult either. Obviously if you struggle with maths, you will struggle on an engineering degree, but most of the material isn't particularly conceptually hard to grasp, it's just a matter of practicing it.

No matter what the comparison is a bit odd because fundamentally they're very different areas, both academically and professionally. The type of content covered in each degree is wholly different, and aspects of the teaching of each degree will also be significantly different. Needless to say working as doctor in the NHS is a very different prospect to working as an engineer in industry (no call duty for the latter at least). It's really comparing apples and oranges...
Original post by artful_lounger
"Harder" by what metric? Medicine is challenging because it's a very long degree, and you need to learn a huge amount of material, however I've never seen a medicine student (current or former) indicate the material itself is unduly difficult - just the sheer volume of it.

If you are good at maths and motivating yourself for a course which can often become somewhat mundane, and where it can sometimes be hard to see the forest for the trees, engineering isn't enormously difficult either. Obviously if you struggle with maths, you will struggle on an engineering degree, but most of the material isn't particularly conceptually hard to grasp, it's just a matter of practicing it.

No matter what the comparison is a bit odd because fundamentally they're very different areas, both academically and professionally. The type of content covered in each degree is wholly different, and aspects of the teaching of each degree will also be significantly different. Needless to say working as doctor in the NHS is a very different prospect to working as an engineer in industry (no call duty for the latter at least). It's really comparing apples and oranges...

Thanks for the nice info
Aerospace sounds harder.
Reply 8
Aerospace is more harder from intellectual point of view
medicine is harder from lifestyle

Quick Reply

Latest