The Student Room Group

Preparing to study psycology at uni

I'm going to study psychology at the open university, but I would like to use my time between then and now to prepare, any advice or tips to do so? Readings, papers, writings etc. Thanks :smile:
use flowtimer (ios app) for studying, pretty decent routine for 3-6 hours of study sessions.

Good luck, psychology sound fun!
I believe @-Eirlys- is studying psychology at the OU, and might be able to offer advice? Outside of the OU specifically @Noodlzzz did psychology as an undergrad too I think and similarly might be able to make suggestions on anything that it might've been good to get a head start on.

Sooner or later I imagine you'll need to do some stats work in any psychology degree, so it might be worth brushing up a bit on your GCSE Maths in preparation for this (particularly interpreting graphs/data and suchlike).
Reply 3
thanks guys!
Original post by artful_lounger
I believe @-Eirlys- is studying psychology at the OU, and might be able to offer advice? Outside of the OU specifically @Noodlzzz did psychology as an undergrad too I think and similarly might be able to make suggestions on anything that it might've been good to get a head start on.

Sooner or later I imagine you'll need to do some stats work in any psychology degree, so it might be worth brushing up a bit on your GCSE Maths in preparation for this (particularly interpreting graphs/data and suchlike).

Original post by Charlie1o5
I'm going to study psychology at the open university, but I would like to use my time between then and now to prepare, any advice or tips to do so? Readings, papers, writings etc. Thanks :smile:

I would recommend familiarising yourself with some basic stats. Check out ‘stats for psychology without maths’ as a good start

Also learn how to read and interpret journal articles. Check out google scholar for these
Reply 5
Original post by Noodlzzz
I would recommend familiarising yourself with some basic stats. Check out ‘stats for psychology without maths’ as a good start

Also learn how to read and interpret journal articles. Check out google scholar for these

Really appreciate this, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending