The Student Room Group

i AM Crying soooooooooo much

i can't pass maths. i can't understand maths. i keep getting 3's. I'm such a failure

Scroll to see replies

Hey, sorry to know this :frown: maths is in general a difficult subject and sometimes its just not straightforward. I found that practicing and going over worked examples really helped.... What kind of resources are you currently using to help you manage and learn?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by IHATEMATHSOMUCH
i can't pass maths. i can't understand maths. i keep getting 3's. I'm such a failure

GCSE Maths u doing
Which year u in
I can help u out cuz I do A level maths
But Maths is really tough
(edited 4 years ago)
keep going you can do it if you really try!
hey, I know how you feel I used to be absolutely dreadful in maths too, If you need any help or support feel free to message me anytime
Mood, I hate a level maths! However I got a 9 and loved maths at GCSE, so again another person who is willing to help
Original post by supergrad
Hey, sorry to know this :frown: maths is in general a difficult subject and sometimes its just not straightforward. I found that practicing and going over worked examples really helped.... What kind of resources are you currently using to help you manage and learn?

I use corbettmaths which helped me go from a U to a 3. He explains every topic except geometry so well. i don't understand a single geometry topic. i used everything from maths watch, maths genie, hegartymaths, tuition teachers. i cant seem to get my head around it. i feel soooo stupid!
Original post by Ruhab Dabeer
GCSE Maths u doing
Which year u in
I can help u out cuz I do A level maths
But Maths is really tough

GCSE maths foundation EDEXCEL
I'm in year 13, i've sat GCSE maths 4 times! i am bawling my eyes out.
Original post by Elon Musk14
keep going you can do it if you really try!

but i dont understand :frown:
Original post by alishafinch04
hey, I know how you feel I used to be absolutely dreadful in maths too, If you need any help or support feel free to message me anytime

i need to be explained maths to like i'm 3 years old...
Original post by Issakatie
Mood, I hate a level maths! However I got a 9 and loved maths at GCSE, so again another person who is willing to help

can you help me understand angles? i dont understand anything. i feel so stupid

peak bruh
maths u gotta work super hard for cause u either get it or u don’t so juss put loads of effort into it and it’ll pay off
GCSE maths foundation EDEXCEL
I'm in year 13, i've sat GCSE maths 4 times! i am bawling my eyes out.

Yeh i am in Year 13
I got a 6 in Maths in GCSE nearly reached a 7
What do u need help with
Is it algebra raping your head and the very tough problem solving questions
i do A level Maths so I can deplete any problem you have
Original post by iamthestudent
peak bruh
maths u gotta work super hard for cause u either get it or u don’t so juss put loads of effort into it and it’ll pay off

I am! All it takes is a good teacher and I’ll pass :frown:

Yeh i am in Year 13
I got a 6 in Maths in GCSE nearly reached a 7
What do u need help with
Is it algebra raping your head and the very tough problem solving questions
i do A level Maths so I can deplete any problem you have

The very tough geometry ones. Can we start there please?

Can you teach me angles? Angles in parallel lines
I am! All it takes is a good teacher and I’ll pass :frown:

The very tough geometry ones. Can we start there please?

Can you teach me angles? Angles in parallel lines

Ye Ye Ye
So you have Four RULES for angles in a parallel line.
Have a look at both links
Angles.png is something I made to teach as best I can
Other link is practice questions
https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/resources/33_angles-parallel-lines.pdf
Reply 14

I relate to this so much - revising for Maths A-level right now and it's such a pain... If you need any help on the GCSE stuff tho gimme a shout

(I used physics and maths tutor website back then - https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/)
maths is practice its okay you can pick it up you have time still, 4 months or so more to go, if you look at the areas that you're failing or not doing so well and literally go on mathsgenie or physics and maths tutor whatever you kids use nowadays and print off topic questions literally go through them, if you get stuck on one look through a textbook and write the method down, similar with if you get it wrong write the method down, learn it and do similar questions again and again until you start getting them right then move on to a new topic... I suggest you start with the topics that you find the most difficult first
thanks everyone
thanks everyone

Hope I helped a lot too!
I spent hours on the document for YOU!
Hope I helped a lot too!
I spent hours on the document for YOU!

You did, thanks. Is it possible to go from 37 marks on each paper to 50 in 2 months? Less than two months actually. A month and 20 days
You did, thanks. Is it possible to go from 37 marks on each paper to 50 in 2 months? Less than two months actually. A month and 20 days

Glad to hear you are doing better :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest