The Student Room Group

GCSE mock english literature results

hi
We just did our year 10 mocks and I only got a 4 in English. I'm really disappointed in myself as my target is a 7-8. I know a 4 is a pass and others would be really happy with it but i revised quite a lot for it and a 4 wasnt what I was expecting.
Do you think its possible to go up 3-4 grades in few months?
(edited 4 years ago)
You can definitely go up a few grades in a few months, if you work hard. Look at the comments that your teachers have given you, and work on those by annotating the texts and writing practice essays particularly focusing on those points.
Original post by redmeercat
You can definitely go up a few grades in a few months, if you work hard. Look at the comments that your teachers have given you, and work on those by annotating the texts and writing practice essays particularly focusing on those points.

thank you :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by doglover473838
hi
We just did our year 10 mocks and I only got a 4 in English. I'm really disappointed in myself as my target is a 7-8. I know a 4 is a pass and others would be really happy with it but i revised quite a lot for it and a 4 wasnt what I was expecting.
Do you think its possible to go up 3-4 grades in few months?

Oh wow, you do your Year 10 mocks this early?
If you’re in Year 10, I personally wouldn’t care at all. You’re barely 6 months into your course. Remember your target of 7-8 is at the end of Year 11, not the middle of Year 10! I personally would be quite surprised if I achieved my target in Year 10 mocks
Original post by s_misery
Oh wow, you do your Year 10 mocks this early?
If you’re in Year 10, I personally wouldn’t care at all. You’re barely 6 months into your course. Remember your target of 7-8 is at the end of Year 11, not the middle of Year 10! I personally would be quite surprised if I achieved my target in Year 10 mocks

thanks :smile: I think its just because I was getting closer to targets in other subjects but not englis
edit: we also started our gcses in year 9 so maybe that makes it worse😳
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest