The Student Room Group

Dental hygiene and therapy Scotland 2020

Hey guys,

I thought we can set up one for Scotland since there is a thread for the the English university
Where have we applied for??
I applied for GCU, UHI and Dundee, got rejected from Dundee, had an interview for UHI and waiting on GCU

Scroll to see replies

Hi I applied for dentistry at Glasgow and oral health science at Edinburgh. Got an interview at Glasgow but still waiting for Edinburgh
Original post by Piotr Sioda
Hi I applied for dentistry at Glasgow and oral health science at Edinburgh. Got an interview at Glasgow but still waiting for Edinburgh

Ahhhh ok!!! I don't think Glasgow has given out their interview for oral health science yet!!! Good luck with the interview!!! Let us know how it goes 😁
Original post by Faithgirl
Ahhhh ok!!! I don't think Glasgow has given out their interview for oral health science yet!!! Good luck with the interview!!! Let us know how it goes 😁

I don't know whether they released the invitations for oral health science, i got an interview for dentistry
I don't know whether they released the invitations for oral health science, i got an interview for dentistry

That's fantastic you got an interview there, it's a great university as well, might see you there 😁 have you prepared for it??
Im preparing right now! Wbu?

No I don't think they have yet, still waiting and someone else I believe, it's just the waiting now 😬
Anyone heard from any university in Scotland especially GCU?? I've been waiting since 1st Oct,nothing yet 🤦🏾*♀️
Anyone heard from any university in Scotland especially GCU?? I've been waiting since 1st Oct,nothing yet 🤦🏾*♀️

Nothing yet either from GCU, constantly checking my phone for emails. I'll let you know if I hear anything.
Reply 9
Hey guys,

I thought we can set up one for Scotland since there is a thread for the the English university
Where have we applied for??
I applied for GCU, UHI and Dundee, got rejected from Dundee, had an interview for UHI and waiting on GCU

I have an oral health science interview at Dundee University on the 4th of February (Tuesday) and I have no idea what is going to be like. Also, I had to write an essay for the interview at Inverness (UHI) but I don't know if I have to write one for Dundee. If u don't mind can you please tell me the process of the interview at Dundee University for oral health science.
Original post by luluzzz
I have an oral health science interview at Dundee University on the 4th of February (Tuesday) and I have no idea what is going to be like. Also, I had to write an essay for the interview at Inverness (UHI) but I don't know if I have to write one for Dundee. If u don't mind can you please tell me the process of the interview at Dundee University for oral health science.

Hey, I got rejected from Dundee so I'm not too sure to be honest, sorry ☹️ hopefully someone might reply with details
Reply 11
Anyone heard any news from UHI or know when they are sending out decisions?
Original post by haidub
Anyone heard any news from UHI or know when they are sending out decisions?

Just waiting!! They said 3 weeks we should know and mine is nearly 3 weeks on Tue so hopefully soon. All this wait is making me sick!! Did you apply for GCU, Dundee or Edinburgh??
Reply 13
Okay, I’ll be 3 weeks next Thursday! Can’t stop checking e-mails and these forums, hoping someone has info. No I only applied to UHI 😬😬 I seen on the other forum ~DHDT~ someone was offered an Edinburgh interview today, so hopefully you hear back soon 🤞🏼
Original post by haidub
Okay, I’ll be 3 weeks next Thursday! Can’t stop checking e-mails and these forums, hoping someone has info. No I only applied to UHI 😬😬 I seen on the other forum ~DHDT~ someone was offered an Edinburgh interview today, so hopefully you hear back soon 🤞🏼

Did you pick Inverness or can you go to Dumfries or Stornoway?? I didn't apply to Edinburgh
Reply 15
Did you pick Inverness or can you go to Dumfries or Stornoway?? I didn't apply to Edinburgh

Ah sorry read wrong. I picked Inverness, you?
Original post by haidub
Ah sorry read wrong. I picked Inverness, you?

Inverness but said I'm ok for them to send me to Stornoway 😂🤣😂
Reply 17
If I didn’t have a house I’d be totally keen for Stornoway! Fingers crossed we hear soon 🤞🏼
heyy did anyone have an interview for GCU today??
has anyone heard back from uhi yet? :smile:

Quick Reply